Thread: Thinking about going a little bigger advice needed.

Thinking about going a little bigger advice needed.

Hadn't planned this but I stumbled across a nice Platey setup for sale locally, a bit bigger than my beautiful GRP boat which I would hate to part with because it is such a nice boat and I have put a lot into it. The brand of Plate Ally who I believe should not be named on this forum for some reason to do with a sponsor?? but anyway she looks nicely built and tough as nails.
    I love my Tournament 2100WA but I can see that this plate ally rig would be great for family overnighters being roomier being about a half a metre longer than mine and well setup for multipurpose, and it also has great offshore capability as far as I can tell.
    So I would appreciate any advice about these Platey's (who's name shall not be named) and I figure that anyone who has one will know what I am talking about. She's 6.6m with 23degree deadrise and 2 ballast tubes in the hull if that helps.
    So a lot to consider, quite a few extra $$ to spend, what would I fetch for the sale of mine etc which is less than a year old. Would I get the benefit form the change over, but my wife seems keen about it so that's a good start

Ta in advance for any advice... and if anyone is keen on one of the best 2100 WA's in the country please let me know also..

Re: Thinking about going a little bigger advice needed.

Hey mate - guessing you are referring to Fisher boats?...if so, cant see any reason you cannot name....is it a fisher original, or fisher 2?

Mick

maybe a BC

your goin to tear up plenty on the tournament

the boat market is a buyers market at the moment i don't advise anyone to sell at the moment unless your in dire straits. If i had an extra 100k i would be picking up 4 other boats to do up that's how great the buying is at the moment.

I would agree with Wirlybird about the boat market. The only thing moving is undervalued stock. But its like the real estate market- what you lose on the sale, you gain on the purchase. And on that note, I'll take your 2100wa for $45k
    Only joking... Sort of.

Red face Re: Thinking about going a little bigger advice needed.

I'll go $46,00.00

Rack off Mull Dog, this is my bargain of the century!

$46.5k?

Yeah it is that brand Mark 2, I have just seen other posts relating to the brand mysteriously disappear so wasn't sure I could mention it??
    They seem nicely built.

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Rack off Mull Dog, this is my bargain of the century!

$46.5k?
    Hey thanks you guys for your kind offers, but I have not made any decisions yet!!... but sorry I just need to get a little more to keep me out of the poor house :\

Quote Originally Posted by frankgrimes View Post
    Hey mate - guessing you are referring to Fisher boats?...if so, cant see any reason you cannot name....is it a fisher original, or fisher 2?

Mick
    Yeah it is that brand Mark 2, I have just seen other posts relating to the brand mysteriously disappear so wasn't sure I could mention it??
    They seem nicely built.

The "poor house" could have a lovely big platey parked out the front???

Quote Originally Posted by johncar View Post
    They seem nicely built.
    Mark 2, you might struggle with warranty....IF it's transferable etc.

Quote Originally Posted by frankgrimes View Post
    Mark 2, you might struggle with warranty....IF it's transferable etc.
    Yeah I don't expect any warranty on the hull, as far as I know Fisher boats are not operating in business. I also don't expect any major problems with the hull as they seem to be pretty well built and if anything happens I will just have to deal with it. The engine and trailer electronics etc would still carry their warrantys though I would expect.