Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

Re: Why you don't want a carbon tax as a recreational fisher

A bit O/T but with any luck the whole carbon dioxide tax and notion of CAGW will soon disappear up it's own fundamental orifice.....just hope we don't see too many billions flushed before we get there... here's another major trader - see link - that's finally seen the light and shut shop....the list is growing and our Juliar has Bob's hands clamped firmly over her eyes to the reality of what the rest of the world is fast waking up to...the scam is all but over and as soon as the EU collapses this year so will the European scheme.
    I believe Abbott's Direct Action has always been a Claytons policy designed to be dropped as soon as he gets in....I'm just disappointed he doesn't read the pulse of the nation better and drop it altogether now.

http://energy.aol.com/2012/01/20/bar...trade-setback/

To run with it then drop it once elected makes him just as bigger bull shite artist as she is.

Then we get back to that " should pollies who go back on election promises be re-elected " question don't we ?.LOL

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

There is no use in trying to flog a carbon/green initiative anymore.
    Get back to basics, forget the green ticket and get rid of the debt we have, both locally and internationally, then set to major infrastructure jobs for the country's benefit.
    No more tax breaks to buy votes, no more green promises to buy votes, no more pandering to the minority groups to buy votes.
    JUST GET OUT THERE AND PROMISE TO SECURE AUSTRALIA'S PROSPERITY by good old common sense money handling without schemes or wild stupid taxes.

Seriously, my grandmother worked her budget for nearly 70 years and never fell short of paying her dues and she was very far from wealthy.
    Simple money management allotted to paying the debts.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    To run with it then drop it once elected makes him just as bigger bull shite artist as she is.

Then we get back to that " should pollies who go back on election promises be re-elected " question don't we ?.LOL

I think you're absolutely correct Steeler - it's a sad fact it doesn't seem to matter which one gets elected they're all pollies at the end of the day and that makes them all full of it

Like your style Mark.

Coming on here displays commitment and sound political nous.... just what's needed in Qld politics.

Thanx for putting in the work for boaters n fishers in the Redlands.

If the boundaries of Cleveland/Capalaba hadn't been redrawn you would of been hearing a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    There is no use in trying to flog a carbon/green initiative anymore.
    Get back to basics, forget the green ticket and get rid of the debt we have, both locally and internationally, then set to major infrastructure jobs for the country's benefit.
    No more tax breaks to buy votes, no more green promises to buy votes, no more pandering to the minority groups to buy votes.
    JUST GET OUT THERE AND PROMISE TO SECURE AUSTRALIA'S PROSPERITY by good old common sense money handling without schemes or wild stupid taxes.

Seriously, my grandmother worked her budget for nearly 70 years and never fell short of paying her dues and she was very far from wealthy.
    Simple money management allotted to paying the debts.
    VOTE 1 - Tunaticer for PM.
    Last edited by Gon Fishun; 03-02-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Grammar

So Mark must believe climate change is real in order to endorse the monks policy of direct action.Have i got that right ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    So Mark must believe climate change is real in order to endorse the monks policy of direct action.Have i got that right ?.
    Last time I looked 1 + 1 = 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    Yes Mike, I agree with the Direct Action Policy.

So there we have it then, Mark and his state and federal colleagues agree with the Greens that climate change is real they just have a different way of addressing it.

So all that money being payed out to business to clean up there act is coming from where ?, the bloody public purse.

To try and tell us Mark that the direct action policy is not a cost to tax payers in one way shape or form is to treat us like idiots.Maybe the items you mention may not go up but sure as my #$% points to the ground there will be a financial impact. Govt handout money doesn't grow on trees .

Do the country a favor and have a quite word in the monks ears when he is up there and tell him to grow some and drop this policy as there is no need for a policy to address an issue that is essentially based on flawed science and how does it go " its crap ".

Neither of the 2 main parties will have the "Bob Halls" to drop the climate change policy. It will be there in one form or another.

And it will cost business' money!
    Those business' will pass that cost onto the consumer. (What... do you think they are going to say, "hey, we will just make less proffit now, thats all good, we are happy with that, our sharholders are happy with that") I mean come on???? how stuipid do they think we really are??

Mr Mark says that the LNP version will not cost us more money to go fishing, or buy our bait/tackle/rods/ect (I dont believe this BTW) but thats great Mark if your right. BUT, you put us in this box that all we care about is fishing. You know what, we all live a life outside of fishing and our boats, we have cars/families/homes/rates/electricity...... We are not a bunch of yobbos down the pub that you can buy us a beer and we will all say "hes a top bloke, lets vote for him"

I am not one of these people who blindly believes that the LNP is going to fix everything and life will be bliss....... Most people blame the governemnt when they are not happy with their life.... I guess this gives those people some hope???

After the LNP is in for the next term..... lets all have these same conversations in 3 years time.
    Only next time, it will go something like this:
    The Labor supporters will be saying "see, they havent done anything better than Labor"
    The LNP supporters will be saying "they need another term, they are still fixing the mess from previous governement"

And the wheel will turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer_Jay View Post
    And it will cost business' money!
    Those business' will pass that cost onto the consumer. (What... do you think they are going to say, "hey, we will just make less proffit now, thats all good, we are happy with that, our sharholders are happy with that") I mean come on???? how stuipid do they think we really are??
    QANTAS has already made public their plans to pass those costs on to consumers...
    up to $60 for international flights and $6 for domestic last I heard..
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

"The carbon cap-and-trade concept, which regulates the greenhouse gases linked to climate change"

This quote from the link still shows a belief in the cause for climate change. As long as statements like this are quoted, it means the whole stupidity is alive and well.

I for one am not expecting to the LNP/Coalition to fix everything, Labor have F&*(ed up so badly that i dont think thats possible, for any government. I do expect the new government to do a better job, not to lie directly to my face - continually, and not to be rail roaded by extremist views. I expect, on such a large issue as implementing large tax reforms, that the people of Australia are given their right to vote on such a manner - the way in which John Howard did.

This Labor government stinks to high heaven. From the complete stuff on border protection policy, to the Craig thomson affair (it reaks of cover up - how can it take this long????), the string of lies and back door deals, the backflipping, the axeing of an elected prime minister....cash for klunkers, the BR, pink bats scheme, it goes on and on....

My life is great, I am very fortnuate that my financial cirumstance has sheltered me from the recent economic hardships - I have prospered as a result. I am lucky. I have friends who have not been so lucky. I do blame the government for introducing the Carbon Tax - it is all their doing. At a time when even the rich are complaining about cost of living pressures, the last thing we need is a Carbon Tax.

As Homer Jay said:

You know what, we all live a life outside of fishing and our boats, we have cars/families/homes/rates/electricity

The last thing on the mind of those in article below is a cap n trade scheme:

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/we...204-1qyg6.html

reading in the paper this morning it appears as if alcoa are talking of shutting down their point henry operation and even the australian manager of rusal is talking about slowing down their operations here as well as a result of the high carbon price in this country. he did go on to say that china would take up the slack in worldwide demand (if aussie operations fold) in an instant. so in one fell swoop ms gillard and her world climate changing??? carbon tax could make the aluminium processing industry in australia extinct rendering tens of thousands of people jobless and the processing would then go offshore to a country with a very low carbon price, yet still with high carbon emmissions.

this is her way of saving the world, she will sacrifice our country's economy and the livlihood of many thousands of families for a net carbon emmissions reduction to the planet of absolutely nothing!!!!!!!

Hey paddles.

"this is her way of saving the world, she will sacrifice our country's economy and the livlihood of many thousands of families for a net carbon emmissions reduction to the planet of absolutely nothing!!!!!!! "

...........the thing that has been achieved is that she has been able to hold onto a prime ministership - at the cost of her parties integrity, and the people of australia.