84. You may not vote on this poll
  • saragosa 8000

55 65.48%
  • saltist 4500h

29 34.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: saragosa vs saltist

Re: saragosa vs saltist

Gidday all checked out 10,000 saragosa today heaps more line capacity 40-410 and 5.2-1 ratio.Joe
    Also chasing a good spinning reel for my T curve King Mack ,Stadic 8000, Saragosa 10,000,Diawa saltist 4500.How would the 6.2-1 ratio of the saltist go with bait fishing.Thanks

i had this dilema also so i went left field and got a 4500j phantom.i used it last weekend and was very happy with it .also for $165.great value

No comparison. Like the others have already said the Saltist is inferior. Like the whole Saltist range they have a big issue with durability, and the difference in warranty periods reflect this shortfall. My Saltist 30TH overhead was one of the most over-hyped/poorest performing reels I have ever owned- yet also one of the most expensive. Same thing for my mates who shelled out for Daiwa Zillions- hopeless drag compared to a Calcutta. Out of the Stradic Vs Saragosa the latter is far better for braid over 30lbs as the drag is slightly more powerful in relation to reel size.