Thread: waeco fridge problem

waeco fridge problem

Hi All
    I have a waeco in the car on its own battery and so on.

The error light is flashing 3 times in about 5 sec, i did read it could be a motor (fridge) problem or compressor.

What does this mean ?
    And how do i fix it ?
    or is there some who can ?

thanks
    Joe

Re: waeco fridge problem

Looks like you have a long range weather forecast function built into the waeco , witch means strong winds for the bunker group over the next 2 weeks .
    NOW I,AM GUNNA EATCHA

Motor Start Error
    If your error light is flashing three times every 5 seconds, the rotor may be blocked or the differential pressure in the refrigeration system is too high. Faulty compressor or faulty control module.

Quote Originally Posted by shano View Post
    Motor Start Error
    If your error light is flashing three times every 5 seconds, the rotor may be blocked or the differential pressure in the refrigeration system is too high. Faulty compressor or faulty control module.

Thanks Shano

is it something a lay person can fix or a pro ?
    And is it serious ?

Joe

For the record KEEP YOU RECEIPTS !!

just spoke to authorised service agent for waeco who believes its the controller that might be stuffed.... he quoted me $380 if i cant find receipt.

Bugger..... even if i spend 1 day going through my records to find it, Im still in front (sort off).

Quote Originally Posted by champion View Post
    Thanks Shano

is it something a lay person can fix or a pro ?
    And is it serious ?

Joe
    I have mine in bits at the moment cause the power supply buggered up. Its been that way now for 3-4 months! I would like to say that I fixed the power supply myself (I do know how) but when I took it to the techs shop at work to fix it one of the tech took over and did it for me! Sweet. Now I just got to put it back together.

To get the controller out and power supply is a royal pain in the arse, as its all wrapped up in copper tubes and condensor coils.

Before you go pulling it apart though, just make sure its getting enough power to it. mine used to get a similar error when I used ot use the ciggie lighter plug. Switching to a different plug type solved the issue.

mine stuffed up 2 months out of warranty and the power light was on but nobody home ,waeco were very helpful and covered it under warranty ,apparently the circuit board had cracked as it is in and out of vehicles all the time and runs 24/7