Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new tow vehicle

new tow vehicle

Hello Fellas,
    My trusty 4.2L Patrol ute is out of its lease so new vehicle for myself. I would love your input please. I need something to tow the Noble and for arguments sake lets say she weighs 3T ( yes its less but pretty close fully loaded).

My 4.2TD ute towed good but could be better
    My 4.7L V8 petrol cruiser tows great but bloody thirsty on long trips.

I need a new work vehicle so these are my options
    Budget $50k

1)Nissan Patrol 3L wagon 2008- (I am concerned too gutless)
    2)Landcruiser 200 series v8 diesel (i dont know enough and pretty expensive)
    3)Cut down version of either
    4)Any suggestions please?

Cheers
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Re: new tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    Hello Fellas,
    My trusty 4.2L Patrol ute is out of its lease so new vehicle for myself. I would love your input please. I need something to tow the Noble and for arguments sake lets say she weighs 3T ( yes its less but pretty close fully loaded).

My 4.2TD ute towed good but could be better
    My 4.7L V8 petrol cruiser tows great but bloody thirsty on long trips.

I need a new work vehicle so these are my options
    Budget $50k

1)Nissan Patrol 3L wagon 2008- (I am concerned too gutless)
    2)Landcruiser 200 series v8 diesel (i dont know enough and pretty expensive)
    3)Cut down version of either
    4)Any suggestions please?

Cheers
    Marty
    My 3.0 litre Patrol was awful towing 3.2 tonne.
    The Cruiser is awesome, a cut down will cost, but you can maybe get a 2 year old single hardryer ute for $50K.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Mitsubishi Pajero, tows 3.5 tonne, just about get a brand new one for that

Cheers Lee

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=10063260&keywords=&trecs=46&__ sid=12E3E318DB48&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_ Price_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_St ring|0&__Qpb=true&__Nne=15&SearchAction=N&seot=1&_ _N=834%201216%201246%201247%201252%201282%20429496 2570%204294962861%201560%201652%20900&silo=1011

Nice!

Wonder if this link works...

Tim

cheers fellas, are the toyota utes twin turbo also?
    Living the dream, Barry

The Toyota utes are only single turbo and 150kw compared to the 200's approx 200kw.
    You don't have a 100 TD on the list. Why's that? The 200 won't fit into a $50k budget but a 100 will, just. It'd be hard to buy one and get it chopped under $50k though - would have to be a 2002/2003 model.

I am in a 2005 Patrol Ute and I have a 2004 100 series family wagon, I was hoping to get a newer car. Jeez the 200's still hold their value. I wish Toyota had improved on internal styling in their utes.
    Living the dream, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by lethal098 View Post
    Mitsubishi Pajero, tows 3.5 tonne...
    err, not quite Lee (you should know better ), but yes, a great tow vehicle for the money, I can vouch for that.

Marty, the run-out deals on Pootrols are amazing ATM. You might even have some change left!
    cheers

Mitsubishi Triton 131 killer wasps 3 tonne towing capacity and the look bloody awesome
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Just an observation, our work fleet (about 300 vehicles) are the new extra cab cruiser utes and as they are getting on a bit they are slowly getting a suspension upgrade across the fleet as the ass ends are starting to sag a bit.Apart from that there pretty good, lots of power and torque.

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    err, not quite Lee (you should know better ), but yes, a great tow vehicle for the money, I can vouch for that.

Marty, the run-out deals on Pootrols are amazing ATM. You might even have some change left!
    cheers
    Yeah realised what i typed just now, OOPS sorry yeah only 3 tonne, my bad,
    I was looking at the possible specs of the newer one coming out next year.

Cheers Lee

marty, have you looked at repowering your car and keeping it
    mate those duramax conversions are really worth looking at
    straight up great mileage
    shitloads of grunt and low end pull
    and a auto thats got all the go fast bits when needed
    i,m not going to get rid of my troll
    just repower it
    just a thought
    ian

Nissan are bringing out a a V6 turbo-diesel engine, producing 170kW of power and 550Nm of torque. Plus with its 7-speed automatic transmission and Manual Mode, it should be good.
    Two problems Marty, starting price is around 62k and if it's anything like the Navara's everything is an optional extra, and it will not be on deck until late this year.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Nissan are bringing out a a V6 turbo-diesel engine, producing 170kW of power and 550Nm of torque. Plus with its 7-speed automatic transmission and Manual Mode, it should be good.
    Two problems Marty, starting price is around 62k and if it's anything like the Navara's everything is an optional extra, and it will not be on deck until late this year.
    From memory it's French. Would you really touch one? I sure as hell wouldn't until about every other clown had tried it first!

Cheers,

Tim

And what have you now got against the Frenchies........ Tim
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things