View Poll Results: Would a chat room work?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

43 58.11%
  • no

13 17.57%
  • maybe

18 24.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat room??

Chat room??

Has the idea ever been thrashed around?
    Apart from the normal banter that go's with chat rooms i thought it may help with getting answer straight away instead of waiting for a few days for an answer...so good idea yes, no, maybe.

Re: Chat room??

Ausfish had a chat room at one stage but never got used by more than acouple of people

Yep, they had one but, as Krazy fella said, it was hard to get more then one person there at the same time.
    Personally I hate chat rooms but that's me.
    I'd rather ring someone to have a yarn or use skype.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

They have them on another fishing site I'm on and I've never seen them in use.

Yes......... but only if unmoderated like so many thousands already out there and I notice Ausfish's home is in the US, the land of basic free speech. So the choice to mod will be mostly an ideological one.

back when Ausfish had it's chat, most where still on dialup all clunky and hard to hold a conversation, today chat conversations are almost universally as fast as one can type and read.

Can't see it working either as most members here would, like me just drop by, check new posts and reports then PO and get on with life.
    Set up a facebook group maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4frog View Post
    Set up a facebook group maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I'll join straight after Pinhead

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    I'll join straight after Pinhead
    LOL..looks like you will never be joining then..cos I know I never will be.

the old chat room got used by plenty of people, i remamber up to 20-25 people in there at one time on a regular basis

they use to have quiz nights and was a good way to ask a question and get a responce straigh away

not sure if it would work agian but having it there couldnt hurt
    if you didnt like it dont go in

scotty

I think the old chatroom died or was not renewed to the next version because arguments crossed over onto the forum proper but I stand to be corrected if need be.

Mods or a least a certain one was drunk with power and started it all (from memory) dunno who it was now, members where fighting with the mods and each other, lots of banning happened and even an offshoot forum was spawned although I don't know very much about that...heaps of spice watching from the sidelines, was civil war there for a while LOL!

Gee that was a fair while ago.

I just looked I will have been a memebr for 10 yrs this year and most posts keep coming back..... not a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by krazyfisher View Post
    I just looked I will have been a memebr for 10 yrs this year and most posts keep coming back..... not a bad thing
    Gees eh.
    Nearly due for long service leave by the looks.

You must of been one of the originals were you matey??
    Lucky Phill was Aug 2001.

Chartroom was a lot of fun. Hopefully if there was another some could check the ego and personal problems at the door

2001?? I was a member before that. Gees I remember when it was a single bulletin board

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post

Mods or a least a certain one was drunk with power and started it all (from memory) dunno who it was now, members where fighting with the mods and each other, lots of banning happened and even an offshoot forum was spawned although I don't know very much about that...heaps of spice watching from the sidelines, was civil war there for a while LOL!
    Sounds like a lot of fun..