Thread: Mission beach

Mission beach

Hi there folks, Well arrived in Mission beach at last, Was a long haul from SA. Have a few things to get done, sorting new rego and stuff, then hoping to get out and try the fishing here. Big learning curve though with so many different types of fish here. Only used to three types down there, picked up a fish ID chart yesterday and there seems to be dozens of types here, all with different bag?size limits. As for the cast net OMG what a laugh. Oh well it's all a big adventure.
    Ian

Re: Mission beach

there is a 6m cenre cab you can hire next to the Big4 caravan park as well as tinnies.

Mate try your best to get out with Dennis and his sailfish! Charter name is mission fishing! Trust me a must do!!!

Tell home Luke from Brisbane gave you the heads up if you do!

Go to your local tackle shop and get a green zone map and DPI size / bag limit guide (or download here http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_139.htm ). Mission is a great spot and the closest reef only about 20km out. I'm sure you'll start catching those new fish soon.

Regards,
    Dave.

Thanks for the advice guys, good idea about hooking up on the charter boat to get guided trip before we head off on our own, will look in to that, maybe as xmas pressies too each other. I've been out to get a zone map, so many variations of zones, I might try and get it laminated.
    Many thanks,
    Ian