Thread: Danfoss Bubbling ???

Danfoss Bubbling ???

Gday Ive got a 50L downunder fridge with a danfoss compressor , had this thing for 4 or 5 years and its started bubbling in the compressor !!! , should I take it to the doctor to get a check up ??. The beer is still cold so its not a huge issue YET!!.
    Any ideas ? wamjam

Re: Danfoss Bubbling ???

"bubbling in the compressor" ??????????

Well Pinhead Im not sure if its in the compressor !! what else moves in these things to make a bubbling noise ?? , sounds like someone blowind through a straw into a glass of water. Fridge seems to be working normally !.
    scott

Quote Originally Posted by wamjam View Post
    Well Pinhead Im not sure if its in the compressor !! what else moves in these things to make a bubbling noise ?? , sounds like someone blowind through a straw into a glass of water. Fridge seems to be working normally !.
    scott
    the refrigerant..could possibly be the refrigerant as it exits the capillary...and that is normal in some instances OR..if it has not done it before it could be sounding a bit like a little short of refrigerant which means there is a leak somewhere.
    If it keeps operating okay I would not worry about it but just keep an eye on it.

My waeco makes a very quiet bubbling type noise but it's working fine.

It is loud? Is the compressor running more than it should be?

If you're concerned about it then turn it off for a couple of days. That way the pressures will equalise and if there is a leak on the low side you should lose all the gas. If this is the case then at least you'll know and be able to do something about it as opposed to it giving up half way through a trip. If it still goes ok after a couple of days rest then I'd suggest you have little to worry about.

Regards,
    Dave.

Thanks all for your replies . This fridge has been going non stop for 18 months apart from the odd defrost and clean out. I have noticed this noice in it for about a week and a half and being the only beer chiller it could be a huge issue . Think i will try and use a camp kitchen fridge and leave it swiched off for a day and sea if it shits or holds gas.
    Thanks Scott

Hey Scott
    Can't have the beer fridge not playing the game.
    If it does shyt itself you know where i live.I'll keep the beer cold.

Cheers Dazza

Gday Dazza , how are you goin mate. Im getting closer to your part of the world , have to make sure I drop in for a cool ale.
    Scott

major crisis if the beer gets hot!!!!!!!!!!
    better drink it before it goes off..
    jim

Its a full time job. All I seem to do is put beer in the fridge or take it out.
    Im a bit worried I don't think the beer is cold enough. Will get it checked out in Mackay.

Scott

Don't forget Downunder has a 5 year warranty
    The Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Don't forget Downunder has a 5 year warranty

Only the compressor !! ..... This thing is still making a racket , the bloke in Mackay didn't have time to look but reacons they all make a gurgle sound....This is like someone is using drug paraphernalia in the back of the car !!!. Next stop is Hervey bay so will get it checked there .

Scott