Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My new boat - almost done!!!!

Re: My new boat - almost done!!!!

awesome boat mate

Quote Originally Posted by johncar View Post
    Nice electrics Pete, good to see, and a bit rare in many boats. Me being an electrician, I really appreciate tidy and quality work like that.
    Although looked like one cable tie cut off end left in there
    That's definitely a leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Matt76 View Post
    Some more of Valet's superb work:

Personally If my wiring looked like that I'd be pissed! the above pictures is just another reason why i will always wire up my own things. I must say your boat is a cracker though.

Quote Originally Posted by DTHCoCo View Post
    Personally If my wiring looked like that I'd be pissed! the above pictures is just another reason why i will always wire up my own things. I must say your boat is a cracker though.
    Mate I'd love a pic of your wiring, I was impressed by mine.

I understand that a job like that can be done any number of ways, and if you have the skill and tools you could spend as long as you like and get it infinitely neat, I'm sure when Pete does his he has to meet both a quality standard and a cost balance, both of which I am confident he did for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin View Post
    That's definitely a leaf
    Haha yeah it's a leaf.

awesome stuff matty .. absolutely awesome stuff .. wow what an absolute terrific finish .. well done man ..
    It’s the fish’s fault ….. because they swim in the ocean …..

Open to suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin View Post
    Open to suggestions?
    Not a suggestion but a question. What are the tee'd connections all about?

Boat looks awesome with the blue lights. There is no reason why a new boat should not be well lit with todays gadgets available in led lighting.

Cheers
    Chris

G'day Angla,

The Tee'd connections are for the NMEA 2000 Network.
    In this case it has a Lowrance HDS 5m, HDS 5x, 2 x Evinrude E-Tec I Command gauges and the network power connected to the legs of the network.

Cheers

Pete

Sometimes it's easier to just mind your own business, the bloke is proud as punch with his boat so how about laying off with the negatives?? if my boats wiring looked like that i would be stoked.

Gee DTHCoCo,
    That is a bit harsh,
    I have also have had to rewire every boat I have ever bought if that is what you mean.
    But things need to be in perspective with regards to parts quality vs function and cost to the customer for time spent.
    We can do a rolls royce job on it ourselves if we have the right training and background and time but I wouldn't want to add up my own time and what I put into it as it would be scary and most boat buyers would fall over when you hand them the bill.

I thought that compared to what I have seen in many boat fitups and from popular brands, that is very tidy by comparison. Everything seems well laid out, accessible and labelled. I would have been happy if any of my boats were done that well.
    I am sure to that no doubt all terminations are solid and reliable too being the main thing, but time will always tell there.

And oh yeah it's a leaf, better get the vacumm cleaner out

Ok what's wrong with the wiring? If that was my boat i would be more than happy,neat n tidy all tuckedup,nice job. If you are to critasize than at least make it constructive and give reason!!
    Cheer's Squid.

Haha well that got some discussion going didn't it!

At the end of the day only one person has to be happy with it so negative comments about any of it don't worry me. Every boat and every job is done to suit it's purpose and they will all be different and will all be a compromise of many aspects. I know mine will be a wet ride in rough conditions, but it is open enough to fish my family comfortably. I know the floor will get hot on extreme days, but it will be super easy to clean on every other day. I know it is now a bit big to go crabbing, so I guess i better get cracking on making a little creek boat (Jeez I hope the missus doesn't read this haha)

To the unknown it may look all right, alarm bells ring to me when ever I see a bullet connectors I'm afraid its a dry joint waiting to happen. It may be slower but I soldier every joint and use a heat shrink seal followed by electrical tape if it's part of a harness, A little finesse goes a long way. I expected many ppl to flame at my response but I will never accept second best and when people are paying decent money people should be getting it. I'm sorry if I offended ppl but please do things the right way not just the fast way many of these electronics are life saving.

Boat looks good and I would be happy with the wiring job.