Thread: Steering link rod/drag link

Steering link rod/drag link

Further to my new Hydrive Sportkit...

Noticed that the motor turns further one way that the other....the Hydrive steering rod is just fine..travels full possible distance both in and out..and having looked at it with a heavy frown I am convinced that the way to fix it and have the motor turn to the same angle both ways would be a different length of steering link rod connecting the motor to the end of the steering rod...?...is this right..? can you buy diffferent lengths of these link rods..?...(yes it was the same with the cable steering)

Re: Steering link rod/drag link

I guess if the ram travels a certain distance from full left to full right, then disconnect the link, move ram to centre position and then connect the link to the steering rod end (not the motor end) and see if it will line up fairly cose to any of the holes in the motor arm when the motor is centred, mind you it is common for motors to turn one way further than the other.

Re: Steering link rod/drag link

Thanks Noel..yeah but there arent any alternate holes..maybe my motors have always done this and I have never noticed as it doesnt matter..? will try it on the water and if it all turns OK I will get over it.