Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice needed Streaker 5.85 Longreach

Advice needed Streaker 5.85 Longreach

Hello All, I have just sold my aluminium centre console to upgrade to a bigger family boat, i have a wife and two young girls. I have been looking at plate alloy boats Trailcraft, Barcrusher etc but have come across a 2001 streaker 5.85 longreach with a 130 yamaha on it.It Has a bimini with full clears and camping covers and also a storage cover which would be good as it wont fit in my Shed. My question is does any one have one and if so are they a good boat? What are peoples thoughts?? It will be used for fishing and also as family boat.
    Thanks Boat boy

Re: Advice needed Streaker 5.85 Longreach

I have no experience with these boats.

Is that the one on Boatpoint with a full cover, for 36. It has a 150 Yamaha which I would think would push it very well at a cost of fuel, More than a DI 2 stroke or a 4 stroke.
    The trailer looks a little weary around the wheel hub area

How far do you have to take the boat to reach the fishing grounds there?

The hull looks like it may roll a little at rest.

It certainly looks like it would have good fishing room.

If it was a contender then I would take it for a ride

Cheers
    Chris

Thanks Angla no its not on boatpoint and it has a 130 yamaha on it. Its in the trading post in Tas.

Should be a good boat , its built by Savage in Victoria I believe ( not China I hope) .
    You can buy a new one from about $43 k.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhoon View Post
    Should be a good boat , its built by Savage in Victoria I believe ( not China I hope) .
    You can buy a new one from about $43 k.

Yes certainly not made in China but also certainly not 43K new. These boats are very popular in Victoria with most having at least a 150Hp engine. I think the 130Hp will be too small and these Yammies are great for reliability however certainly not their fuel economy

I have been on this smaller 5.45 and found the layout very good. I found it handling was OK but I was with an inexperienced skipper at the time so I will sit on the fence on this.

Check out this link

http://www.streakerboats.com.au/Stre...5longreach.htm

All the best.

Brett

Have a look here ::http://www.seamedia.com.au/pdf/previ...NG152_prev.pdf

Specifications & Costings
    Length 5.85 Metres
    Length Overall 7.20m incl. motor and trailer
    Beam 2.49 Metres
    Average Height 2.30 Metres on trailer to
    windscreen
    Deadrise 20 Degrees
    Weight (BMT) 1800 Kgs
    Fuel Capacity 175 Litres (Sub Floor)
    Engine Rating 115 – 200hp Ultra Long
    Price – Tournament $55,350 Turn Key as tested
    - Longreach from $43,900 with 150hp 2 Stroke
    Available From Streaker Boats – (03) 9729 8288

Have a look here ::http://www.seamedia.com.au/pdf/previ...NG152_prev.pdf

Specifications & Costings
    Length 5.85 Metres
    Length Overall 7.20m incl. motor and trailer
    Beam 2.49 Metres
    Average Height 2.30 Metres on trailer to
    windscreen
    Deadrise 20 Degrees
    Weight (BMT) 1800 Kgs
    Fuel Capacity 175 Litres (Sub Floor)
    Engine Rating 115 – 200hp Ultra Long
    Price – Tournament $55,350 Turn Key as tested
    - Longreach from $43,900 with 150hp 2 Stroke
    Available From Streaker Boats – (03) 9729 8288
    I agree that at the time of this report they were that price. I believe the bare minimum for this set up is now 56K?

Bloody inflations???

Brett

Thanks bden i will give streaker a call on Monday and see what the new ones are going for. I had a look at it today and they are a very nice boat still unsure weather to go plate alloy or fiberglass though.

Hi B B

With you and 3 women as crew IMHO I would go with the Fibreglass and a Streaker should be fine. Not sure what version your looking at but the 130 HP was the base power and 175 the recommended.

Have a look at this http://www.marinews.com/details.php?recordid=131 and see how what your looking at compares. The cab will give the girls a little loo privacy as well as shelter.

Are you nth or sth in Tas?

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by boat boy View Post
    Thanks bden i will give streaker a call on Monday and see what the new ones are going for. I had a look at it today and they are a very nice boat still unsure weather to go plate alloy or fiberglass though.
    Check the link to the Streaker site they have all prices and engine options listed.

The one thing I can say is that when I was looking at boats they were the only dealership that gave me the time of day. I found their service first class.

I ended up buying a secondhand Haines Signature (only because I found one with all the required options) however they seemed a cut above other dealerships.

Brett

Thanks chimo it has the 130 hp my next step will be to take it for a run and see if it has enough power. I am in the North but fish the east coast. The girls wont always be with me but my wife and oldest daughter liked the streaker alot, mainly for the reasons you gave ,so will my other mates it does get a bit cold down here.Its on the trading post if you would like to have a look it is in good condition.
    Yes checked out the streaker site bden $56000 new with the 130hp thanks. Would like a little bit more hp but hoping 130 may be enough to do what we want which is trawling for tuna and some bottom fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by bden View Post
    I agree that at the time of this report they were that price. I believe the bare minimum for this set up is now 56K?

Bloody inflations???

Brett

I must be old and I don't think it included trailer at that price .

Boat Boy , have you thought of one these :
    http://www.trophyfishing.com/brochur...modelid=161536

A little bigger at 21' but they are a great boat built by Brunswick marine ( the worlds biggest pleasure boat builder )

They retail here for about $90k including trailer but you can import your own with a 150-175 Optimax or Verado ( they only come with Mercs ) for around $60 at the current exhange rate .

The only problem, you pay for the boat and you won't see it for 2-3 months !

I think you will find the 130 yamaha adequate on that hull. Won't be a rocket ship but will easy cruise at 20 knots probably do 35knots flat bickies.

I must be old and I don't think it included trailer at that price .

Boat Boy , have you thought of one these :
    http://www.trophyfishing.com/brochur...modelid=161536

A little bigger at 21' but they are a great boat built by Brunswick marine ( the worlds biggest pleasure boat builder )

They retail here for about $90k including trailer but you can import your own with a 150-175 Optimax or Verado ( they only come with Mercs ) for around $60 at the current exhange rate .

The only problem, you pay for the boat and you won't see it for 2-3 months !
    Yeah very nice but my budget is only $40k so its a seacondhand something for me Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robothefisho View Post
    I think you will find the 130 yamaha adequate on that hull. Won't be a rocket ship but will easy cruise at 20 knots probably do 35knots flat bickies.
    Yeah thanks mate the owner said it would do 30 to 35 knots flat out it has a 180l fuel tank what range could i get just cruising at 20 knots