Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tournment Boats Warranty

Tournment Boats Warranty

Hi Guys

A good mate of mine just purchased a new 2000 Tournment Bluewater and when i was reading the fine print on the warranty i was amazed to really see just 6 months for workmanship 12 months for upholstery and 10 years for the outer layer of glass I was under the impression it was a lot more then this!!!! Has anyone had any warranty issues with their Tournment!!!

Any feed back much appreciated.

Re: Tournment Boats Warranty

i believe the 6 months workman ship would be like fittings and so on, as you couldnt give much more as the ocean will distroy everything.... I would ask the question what outta layer of glass means, as does this include transome , under floor and so on? if so thats awesome.... And the 12 months for upholstery is also quite good i believe...... What are ur concerns?

Regards,
    Matty

hey TJW79,

why the concern with the warranty now? Has something already gone wrong? did your mate not know what warranty was available befor buying?

A 2000 Tournament would have to be worth $80 000???????
    6 months warranty on parts sounds like @%&* all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Assasin View Post
    A 2000 Tournament would have to be worth $80 000???????
    6 months warranty on parts sounds like @%&* all to me.
    Yep, sounds like crap and against the laws of the land.
    It would be a good reason NOT to buy one if the 6 months workmanship warantee is right.
    Honda's work in the same environments (if not worse then a hull) and they have 5 years.
    If the boats do have 6 months for workmanship then that is a good indication of what they think of their own workmanship. They must think their boats are just dodgy....... simply put.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

whats finga about??, i sell these boats & the warranty guidelines are printed in black & white, they state 10year structural warranty arising from defects in materials or workmanship. 6 months is for deck fittings which is standard
    there is no other boat that offers a 10yr structural warranty & to my knowledge, Tournament has had no returns or complaints on workmanship.
    i think maybe finga should get some glasses so he can read before he opens his mouth, you seem to be commenting on alot on ausfish are you a professional boatbuilder?? or just got alot of spare time

Bit harsh,i reckon he probably based his statement on the information provided by the person who posted the thread.

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Would seem a tad harsh. The way it was stated it seemed like 6 months was the warranty, not 10 years as you say.

not harsh at all, these guys that spend all there time on ausfish quoting on every post should think before they post, did they ever think that some people that read posts take this @#$% seriously which results in loss of sales for some dealerships that are trying real hard to sell quality boats??????????

enough said, have a wonderful day

Quote Originally Posted by austmarine View Post
    whats finga about??, i sell these boats & the warranty guidelines are printed in black & white, they state 10year structural warranty arising from defects in materials or workmanship. 6 months is for deck fittings which is standard
    there is no other boat that offers a 10yr structural warranty & to my knowledge, Tournament has had no returns or complaints on workmanship.
    i think maybe finga should get some glasses so he can read before he opens his mouth, you seem to be commenting on alot on ausfish are you a professional boatbuilder?? or just got alot of spare time
    I hate to tell you but there are other brands that offer that warranty.

not harsh at all, these guys that spend all there time on ausfish quoting on every post should think before they post, did they ever think that some people that read posts take this @#$% seriously which results in loss of sales for some dealerships that are trying real hard to sell quality boats??????????

And i take it your comments are also directed to the starter of this thread or were they more selective.

Rather than debate that with you i'll let your posts speak for themselves.

I will have a wonderful day and also to you.

Regards

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

there is no other boat that offers a 10yr structural warranty & to my knowledge,

I think before you jump and acuse someone you should get your facts right as well .
    You sell boats and you don't know another barnd that offers 10 year structural warranty ??

Here is one axample , of course there plenty more.

http://www.trophyfishing.com/warranty.asp

Quote Originally Posted by TJW79 View Post
    Hi Guys

A good mate of mine just purchased a new 2000 Tournment Bluewater and when i was reading the fine print on the warranty i was amazed to really see just 6 months for workmanship 12 months for upholstery and 10 years for the outer layer of glass I was under the impression it was a lot more then this!!!! Has anyone had any warranty issues with their Tournment!!!

Any feed back much appreciated.

Besides any warranty offered by anyone, you have consumer protection , the goods must be fit for the purpose they were sold and you expect a reasonable lifespan . It doesn't matter if they offer a warranty or not .

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Yep, sounds like crap and against the laws of the land.
    It would be a good reason NOT to buy one if the 6 months workmanship warantee is right.
    Honda's work in the same environments (if not worse then a hull) and they have 5 years.
    If the boats do have 6 months for workmanship then that is a good indication of what they think of their own workmanship. They must think their boats are just dodgy....... simply put.
    Why don't you read my comments correctly before you go off.
    I quite clearly stated if the 6 months workmanship warantee is right. I'll even underline it and put in a bold blue colour for you to see.

So who is mis-quoting who??
    People will take your comments seriously.

It might have been better for yourself to politely state exactly what the warantee is. You could have even put a copy of the warantee up for all to read and make their own decisions about how good it may, or may not, be??
    I still think 6 months warantee for deck fittings is rubbish whether it be an industry standard or not. That is an opinion of which I am entitled to have.
    I personally believe that deck fittings should be designed and manufactured to be in a marine environment and should last more then 6 months.

You do not do yourself any favours by giving comments such as those above...

As a side note I do wear glasses. I actually have 2 pairs of glassses. One for close up work and one for watching telly. I had my eyes tested about 4 months ago so I know my eyesight is OK.
    But thank you for your concern.

And I don't have to open my mouth to read or type. I don't even have to read aloud anymore. I'm all grown up now
    And as for my ability to comment....well I thought I could comment all I like or do I have to ask permission from my mum or yourselfor the owner of Ausfish to be able to do so???
    But if I am wrong please tell me so. You are never too old to learn.
    And am I a professional boatbuilder???
    Read my profile. I'm a bludger. I am a professional nothing.
    I am retired........as from the age of about 34 so I cannot know much at all.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the input!!

No he has not had any troubles with the boat. I am in the market for a new 6m boat and wondered about the warranty on these boats as he paid a tad over 90 k for it.
    I thought the warranty may have been a little more on workmanship. I now know that Signiture offer 2 years on workmanship and 5 year structural and on all deck fittings. So Im now looking hard at the signiture 602F!!!
    Austmarine may wanna do his home work on his competiters so he too can retire at 34

Have a look at Eden Craft 6m offshore if you are looking for a Good Sea Boat in the 6m, has plenty of storgae room and sleeping room for trips with the boys....... I would say they would be around the 80 to 90K mark Fully fitted out..... You wont be dissapointed thats for sure, as i have fished out of one and am very impressed, prob best mono hull ive been in........

Regards,
    Matty