Thread: Greetings from the Great Lakes....

Greetings from the Great Lakes....

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself... My name is Brian and I too suffer from a fishing addiction!

I live in Michigan and spend must of my time chasing walleye in Lake St. Clair and the Detroit River, but try to get some salmon fishing in as well on the big lake.... And a few trout fishing trips too! I spend way too much time hanging out on our website here (michigan-sportsman.com)where my screen name is salmonslammer. Were a pretty good bunch, although the BS does get pretty deep sometimes!!

My buddy J and I will be in country from 11nov till 23nov and plan on spending a good chunk of it fishing...
    We don't have much of a game plan yet except were flying into cairns and renting a 4WD for the week and taking off.

We were planning on heading to karumba, but looking @ the temps the last few days, I think we may need a plan B!
    Thinking Tville or Port might be a little more bearable.

Looking forward to chatting with ya'll and giving some reports when we get there! Can't wait to feel the sun again, been cloudy and 10 degrees here...yuck!

Oh yeah... We work in the entertainment industry as theatrical riggers and would love to meet up with any of our stagehand brethern to swap war stories over a couple jugs of barley pops!

Cya!

Brian

Re: Greetings from the Great Lakes....

You may feel a temp difference when you hit Cairns Brian. Fishing wise...If you've only got a week... depends whether you're after size, or variety or scenery. You have the daintree to the north, Maggie Island and TOwnsville to the south and masssive areas in between. You could spend a week just fishing some of the areas around Cairns itself. You've got Tinaroo and its huge barra to the west. You'll need to have a game plan bc there's just so much variety around that area. Hope you enjoy it anyway. regards jim

Gday and Welcome Brian ...we're a pretty good bunch of fisho's here as well...if you have any questions...just ask mate...someone here will point you in the right direction.

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

Thanks for the warm welcome gents.....

From the look of things now, we wont be in carins but a day....About long enough to regroup and pick up the truck . It looks like most of our fishing will be around Port, with a couple sidetrips to the daintree and tinaroo for a short fish. Plan on hitting up a reef trip and another day for a dive. Hope to hire a boat and strike out on our own for a couple days as well.
    Sure doesnt take long to eat up a week in that neck of the woods!!

We will be headed down to Dunk island for a couple days as well....seeing how my buddys last name is dunk.... figure that should be good for a pint somewhere

I still need to do some more digging (the search button has been smoking) on Dunk and mission beach fishing spots. Hopefully tonight for that!!!

Cant wait to fling a lure!!