Thread: gday from usa

gday from usa

Hello to all you aussy fisherman, Im my friends call me jj I am new here and have enjoyed looking and reading your posts about your fishing adventures I dont know if you guy know where alabama in the us is but its between texas and florida on the southern part of the us on the gulf of mexico. I have been fishing since I was a kid with my grandad he taught me alot of tricks and techniques I love to fish I spend most of my spare time fishing or hunting .I worked in a tackle shop and on the state fishing pier for years repairing rods and reels for inshore and offshore. I have built most all my own custom rods and repair my own reels. I have caught alot of fish from big ass spikey dogs to 150 pound tarpon, king mackerel, gar fish and many more I cant imagin life without fishing . as I bet you cant either once you get it in your blood its there for life. I work at goodrich aerostructures in foley alabama where I build reverse thrusters for many types of aircraft like boeing jet aircraft. I like my job it has alot of challanges and is very stressing at times but its all in a days work. so i guess thats about it good to meet you all

Re: gday from usa

welcome to ausfish be warned it is addictive .hope to read some posts from the USA it will be a nice change and I know you blokes do things alot differently to us here in Australia . there are already a few guys on here from your way maybe you blokes should organise a meet and greet
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

plenty of good stuff here, but like all sites, some crap as well, be prepared we Aussies tend to be a bit light hearted in some things we say, and they can be taken the wrong way, so don't be offended by what seems to be a bit harsh at times, there is also a few whingers here (especially me) and sometimes get a bit peeved at things, but all that aside, welcome and don't be afraid to ask anything at all.

Welcome Outlaw.
    I hope to get back to your country again some day.
    Didn't get time to do any fishing last time, but loved the few weeks we travelled around. The Fred Hall show in Longbeach blew our minds!

I'm always fascinated by the different methods you use over there and even the different names you have for the same species as we have.

Look forward to hearing more...
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Welcome OutLawsr (where'd that 'sr' bit come from?)

Hmm..reverse thrusters, that sounds interesting. I thought that thrusters were meant for going forward!? A bit like Australia being labelled 'downunder'. If you get the right map perspective, Australia is actually in the top section of the world.

By the way, what's the reputation of St Croix rods over there? Are they dime a dozen or are they rotary-hoe?
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Welcome Outlawsr, there is always heaps of great info on this site as well as plenty of banter

G'day JJ. Welcome mate. Hopefully with your fishing experience, you can help some on the site with techniques and ideas which may be foreign to us but still very effective.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_

Hi JJ! Someone else said, don't take Aussies seriously. So very true! Welcome aboard Mate,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

G'Day and welcome to you 'Bama

Welcome JJ, there is I am sure heaps you can learn of some of these fishing freaks over here too. I look forward to some of your fishing reports. Remember to take pleanty of Pics!

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.