Thread: Rainbow Beach???

Rainbow Beach???

Hey guys, I am heading up to rainbow beach for a few days. I am taking the boat, 4.2m tinnie with 40hp. I have never fished the area before, i will be staying at the caravan park on Carlo rd. I mostly fish sp and sometimes use hb lures. Does anyone have any tips or pointers on where to start, or what is biting there at this time of year.
    P.S- I can't cross the bar as i don't have an epirb.
    Marty.

Re: Rainbow Beach???

Is that the carlo caravan park? If so u can launch your boat there pretty sure there is a boat ramp. If not there is a boat ramp at bullock point accesible at all stages in tide. Also fun to fish of jetty. Caught a 51 cm jack there in the summer. There is a few good spots to fish in the straights. Lots of nice creeks. Kauri creek is not to bad or teewah ledge, big mick - beacon out from the mouth of kauri creek nice hole there reefy bottom just to name a few. As for lure fishing havnt really done much of that around that area yet. Other than catching a few flatties on the flats with hb's. Hope that helps

Shaun

Squid at the entrance to Carlo. Tailor will follow the bait in on the high tide to the Carlo boat ramp. Teebar Creek good to fish on the run out tide, plenty of structure throughout it along with deep holes. The entrance to it is marked by a special mark (yellow cross). Big Mick is good for tailor, yellow tail pike and school mackerel.

Hi
    Check out this months qbf mag as it has a pretty good article on the area.

Mark