Thread: Family Holiday Park/Resort Etc for Xmas

Family Holiday Park/Resort Etc for Xmas

G'day,

Since I've had such good sucess with asking Ausfishers in the past about good spots to head away, thought I'd try again...

We had booked a couple of weeks down at the blue dolphin at Yamba
    NSW as normal this year but due to some of my recent handy work , the good Minister for war, tourism, finance & entertainment (a.k.a. the wife) will be 9months pregnant by then & has ruled out a trip with the camper trailer . So Ineed a cabin or something like that this time around.

I'm looking for a family friendly park where kids can be kids & ride bikes around the place with a pool etc, etc. Somewhere on the Gold or Sunshine Coast (or thereabouts) woudl be perfect.

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas?

Thanks,
    grunta.

Re: Family Holiday Park/Resort Etc for Xmas

hi grunta,i dont know if you would get a booking but we just spent the june long weekend down at tallabgerra creek tourist park in our camper trailer it was gr8 they have on site cabins new pool has just been opened & they are currently building a new recreation room there is a swimming compound on the creek to keep the kids safe from boats as well.we all had a ball & rebooked for june next year.check it out http://www.gctp.com.au/parks/tallebudgera_creek/
    cheers shubeej

You should look at trying to get into one of the BIG4 parks, sounds exactly what you're looking for.

Kev

Grunta, check put Q-parks Web www.caravanqld.com.au/ has most of Qld's Caravan parks on whats available rates etc. They will send you a Qld Caravan and Tourist Park Accom Guide for Free
    Cheers Foxie
    Always Think Like A Fish - No Matter How Weird It Gets

G"day Grunta
    Why not check out Treasure Island on the Goldie they have
    cabins villas etc they have a great kids entertainment program there are pools, spas, putt putt a bar and restuarant It"s close to the Broadwater for fishing and
    Harbour Town is just up the road so SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED can shop till she drops {pardon the pun] Web address is WWW.treasureisland.com.au

Cheers Mal

G'day Grunta, mate Im guessing the Blue Dolphin is probably already booked out in the cabin dept? Shame because its a cracker spot (as you would already know) and we are booked in for a week at Xmas time - woo hoo. Im thinking most places will probably be pretty solid by now although if you check around you can sometimes find holiday rental houses in pretty nice areas that can fit the bill. We have stayed in a few around Hervey Bay before although as the kids get a bit older the Holiday parks have a bit more for them to do (while leaving Mum & Dad alone ) Best of luck mate and spare a thought for poor old me floating around the Clarence (hopefully) putting a few in the esky!

Cheers
    Scott
    "Mystique" Haines Signature 580BR with 175 of Mr Suzuki's finest ponies

Mate
    Go to Rainbow Beach Holiday Park on Carlo Road at rainbow Beach.
    Very friendly kid safe and pleanty of area to ride bikes
    The kids can at low tide explore the sand flats and if they can swin then there is a reasonable safe area
    Most of the campers who camp there have kids and are kid aware like any place there are always a few idiots
    Good boat ramp nearby if you have a boat
    If you have a canoe then there are plenty of calm water.

Ken