Thread: Hello all fellow sea lovers

Hello all fellow sea lovers

Hi all

I am a keen fisho who reside in the Redlands in Brisbane. I grew up at Wellington Point from the late 70's and spent some years in living in Cairns as well. Saying that makes me reminisce on what the fishing was like back then.

Well i have mostly been restricted in the bay to land based fishing due to the fact i have never owned a boat , though i did a short stint as a deckhand on a local offshore charter boat.
    I am totally stoked now though as after all my years of saving up i have finally got my new rig.

I have always caught my own bait and also had some luck flicking lures.
    The one thing that i never tried is the Soft Plastics. In my second outing however i stopped at the Isolated Danger Beacon near Harries and the second flick of this plastic,WHACK i am on. Only to find a big old Grinner on the end.

I look forward on meeting new people, helping out if i can and learning new things

Safe Boating

Popeye out

Re: Hello all fellow sae lovers

Welcome to Ausfish popeye there is pleanty you can learn from on these boards and pleanty of experts in all different area's. If you want to know something do a search its all been said before, if you can find it start a thread im sure you'll get an answer to almost anything.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Re: Hello all fellow sea lovers

Welcome pop-eye.

Let us what sort of boat you now have and a brief description. That way any fellow Ausfishers out there can give you a wave on the water.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hi Lucky Phil

I have a homemade tin canoe with 3 meters of 150 mm pvc pipe with end caps for an outrigger with twin side mounted 3.5 Tohatsu's, tillered, with an Ausfish sticker proudly stuck on the bow and goes like a bat out of hell when WOT is unleashed.

Call sign " In god we trust ". Handheld VHF

Welcome mate,with that sense of humour you'll go places here

Quote Originally Posted by pop-eye View Post
    In my second outing however i stopped at the Isolated Danger Beacon near Harries and the second flick of this plastic,WHACK i am on. Only to find a big old Grinner on the end.

Have a chat to Pinhead. Expert Grinner Fisherman. He's also good at catching record Catfish. Well worth a chat.

Cheers and welcome,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Just peed myself thanks Tim
    I will chase up Pinhead as i want the quality advice to get tips on beating my PB

Thanks Tim & Alphas

Gday and Welcome aboard Pop eye...good too have you here mate...you'll like it here...carefull tho...this place...very much like fishing is addictive

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny