Thread: new member

Hi all !!! brisbane based living in the redlands just saying hi to all

Re: new member

G'day Salty Holty and welcome to Ausfish.

Hope you find plenty of useful tips to improve your fishing and have fun at the same time.

What types of fishing do you like? Do you normally fish in the Redlands or elsewhere?

Cheers,

Adam

I have a little 4.2 pongrass manley fish the logan with a little luck. very hit and miss though . I do it for sport not a big fish eater . manly catch bream . would like to start catching other fish in the area though. HAve fished tin can bay a bit but same up there used to know marks for good witting up there but got older left the area and fishing to travel

Looking for a good charter company to go chaseing reefies. Did a trip june last year with rob from south queensland charter service grate half day some nice snapper and sweetlip .

Re:

This was the catch

Welcome aboard. I'm also in the Redlands. We should do a roll call one day, there's lots of us here.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

If you want to try your hand at catching a few squire or sweetlip from your boat you could try around the patches of reef that run from Wellington Point down to Ormiston. I'm not saying it'll be like going on a charter outside, but you may be surprised at some of the fish you can catch less than 1km from shore. There are alot of pickers, so be patient, take lots of bait/SP's or whatever, and be prepared to try a few different rigs in a few areas to see what works best.

Good luck mate.

Edit: I would be up for that Tim. I grew up in the Redlands and only recently moved a little closer to the city. Still enjoy fishing at a few spots around there and would like to meet some fellow anglers.
    Last edited by Lizard Man; 03-03-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Saw Tim's post above

I too am from the Redlands,welcome mate!