Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Murray Cod!!!!!! (Pics Included)

Re: Monster Murray Cod!!!!!! (Pics Included)

You blokes crack me up!

thanks a lot for the info..greatly appreciated.

could I ask what rods, reels n line your using also?

I have never fished for these fish previously but saw an article about the place somewhere and thought I would give it a try for something different.

great report,
    it sure is a great setup there,
    we dropped in and said gday to Clark last time we were down there,

hey did you get any yellas or just cod..?
    i know clark said the cod eat them all but he did say one or two of the others had stomper yellas inthere too

No Yella's but my mate got a 13cm red fin on a spinnerbait. Apparently the top dam is chockers with yellas and silvers though. We didn't do any good on them, probbly because we only tried for about 15 mins and then went back to keep trying for a big fulla.

PinHead, I cast with an Okuma Trinus 5-8 KG rod loaded with twenty lb bionic braid and fished with a 30lb leader. I shoot it off a Pfluger summit low profile baitcaster reel. Some blokes go heavier but I havn't needed to in the past.

For trolling the big 150mm lures and alike I use 30lb bionic braid with a 50lb leader on a 6-10 kg Okuma Trinus rod with an abu garcia REVO Inshore low profile baitcaster.

Best of luck mate, if I can help with anything else feel free to ask, and be sure to let us know how you get on when you get back! Cheers, pod

Are they Murray Cod?

I was often told the fish I would catch around the Tamworth area where in fact Eastern Cod.

cheers

I believe so mate.... If we are wrong everyone in the industry has been calling them the wrong thing (gulp)... Someone in the know please advise?????

Surely, the bloke wouldn't call the place monster murray cod...

As an ex Glen Innes resident of 14 years, my only advise would be,
    even in summer dont leave camp without your jumper,

bloody cold miserable mongerel of a place,
    I hope I never see another frost like that ever again,

As far as I know, the Eastern cod are on the easten side of the escarpment (where the Tablelands drop down to the valleys........)

Muzz

Quote Originally Posted by onerabbit View Post

As far as I know, the Eastern cod are on the easten side of the escarpment (where the Tablelands drop down to the valleys........)

Muzz
    cheers mate
    yeah on a close look the do seem to have the Murray head, maybe I was ill informed.

yeah wear a nicer big jumper and some explorer socks and a beanie, (spent the first 12 yrs of my life in Armidale,had relos in Emmaville), she cold but beutiful country.

nice fish, they have lovely markings hey.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by onerabbit View Post

Muzz

Amen to that Rabbit.

Glen Innes is the only place I've ever been to, where the water froze in the Radiator overnight, and ...............so much for that bloody radiator.

Great fish, Great story, Great info, Great Trip & place by the sound of it.

It's in the " to-do " diary.

Thanks Poddy.

Cheers
    Don.
    "Magpie Navy." VHF 73.

It was a Woman who drove me to Drink......
    ....and I never gave her money for the Petrol......

Glen Innes is the only place I've ever been to, where the water froze in the Radiator overnight, and ...............so much for that bloody radiator.

Mate........

if you drive a deisel, be sure to arrive at Glen Innes nearly empty & fill up.....make sure you drive far enough for the new diesel to fill the pump & injector lines or you will wake up in the morning & your diesel will be frozen too ( they put anti-freeze in the diesel out there ),

This means you can try all you like, (dont keep trying or BIG damage will occur) but will not start before lunch time when your diesel lines thaw..............OH I love Glen Innes

Muzz