Thread: G Day Ausfishers!!

G Day Ausfishers!!

G Day to all ausfishers, i have just joined the phenomenon. Its great to read all the reports to give us an idea of whats biting. I've been fishing for a few years without great success, but just love kicking back in me tinny drowning bait, catching the odd feed. All this talk of soft plastics out fishin bait fishos has fuelled my enthusiasm to have a crack. I have tried casting the odd plastic without any success. I am super keen to catch that first fish on sp's. The inlaws live at Bribie, so i generally fish the passage and up ningi creek, have never seemed to have much luck under the bridge, where you here of so many fish being caught. If anyone has any tips on what plastics/techniques to use and what areas i should be targeting it would be greatly appreciated to help me get of the mark with soft plastics. Soo keen to catch a snodger flathead !!!!!!

Cheers Thorbsy!

Re: G Day Ausfishers!!

Get some 1/4oz 3/0 tt jigheads and some bright and natural coloured plastics with a good vibration built into them, eg- squidgee fish, eco gear power shads etc, also get some curly tail gulps. Try around edges of channels, drop offs and in between patches of weed.
    Good luck.
    Marty.
    P.S. - Welcome to Ausfish.

Welcome to Ausfish. Personally I have not used bait for about 8 years so I guess I am well and truly hooked on using plastics. Who knows, perhaps one day our paths may cross and I can show you the techniques that seem to work okay for me. My uncle lives at Bribie so I sometimes go there to have a fish with him. He showed me a spot not far from Spinnaker where you can still catch decent squire. Landed a nice one there when I was last at Bribie. Not a bad place to go when the winds prevent you from going offshore. Good luck with the soft plastics. Once you catch something using them there will be many more to follow I am sure.

Regards,

Poodroo

G'day Thorbsy and welcome to the site, I have never caught anything decent under the bridge either, the local paper always says there plenty being caught but I think that maybe that may have something to do with the fact that the guy that does the report also runs the hire boats from next to the bridge
    Cheers TT
    ________
    married woman Cams

I reckon so tt!!!! Thank fellas for the advice i'll be up there next weekend to try and break the drought. Hopefully have a good report to post.

Thanks Thorbsy!!!!