Thread: New to Cairns

New to Cairns

Well haven't moved just yet. Will be moving up in three weeks for a change of lifestyle. Have done most of my salt water fishing off Portland in South West Victoria. Cold, wet and miserable down here. Looking forward to the fishing and diving around Cairns. Am looking for any advice for fishing up there. I have a 5.65 Stacer Ocean Master and after posting a thread in the boat section about whether it was big enough, I have decided not sell and tow it up there.

Best Fishes
    Chuck

Re: New to Cairns

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom07 View Post
    Well haven't moved just yet. Will be moving up in three weeks for a change of lifestyle. Have done most of my salt water fishing off Portland in South West Victoria. Cold, wet and miserable down here. Looking forward to the fishing and diving around Cairns. Am looking for any advice for fishing up there. I have a 5.65 Stacer Ocean Master and after posting a thread in the boat section about whether it was big enough, I have decided not sell and tow it up there.

Best Fishes
    Chuck
    Mate, give me a PM when you get here and we'll go out for a trip to the in shore reef and around the rivers / creeks, don't need much nagging to go fishing .

I've only got a 4.2m tinny but it's good enough to get out to inshore reefs on calm days
    Last edited by Synful; 06-11-2007 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Add boat info
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Thanks very much Andrew. Will take you up on that and touch base when I arrive.

Thanks very much Andrew. Will take you up on that and touch base when I arrive.
    Do you know where in Cairns you will be living when you get here?
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

Trinnity Beach

Trinnity Beach
    Ahh I know a cuppla keen blokes that live there!!! Same as Andy mate, sing out if you want a fishing buddy up here. I live just up the road from Blue water marina.

Will do thanks Simmo

Trinnity Beach
    Ahh, just one roundabout closer to town than me
    I live at Kewarra Beach, looks like from Simmo's reply you're going to have plenty of people to show you around and go fishing with getting to know the area
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============