Thread: Your Thoughts On Selling A Boat Via The Net??

Your Thoughts On Selling A Boat Via The Net??

Gday aus fishers, I am thinking about selling my 540f signature, useing the net, maybe Boat Point or something similar.
    Was wondering if any one has used them before, or could recommend a similar site.
    If I sell I will list here on ausfish, but Im looking at reaching a bigger market.

cheers
    Brian

Re: Your Thoughts On Selling A Boat Via The Net??

G'day Brian

Haven't used the other sites that you are looking at but I have sold a rig here on Asufish and was very happy with the result.

I suppose you will just need to weigh up the costs invoolved as compared to the market you will reach and make a descision that suits you
    Cheers
    Mark

I listed mine on ausfish, boatpoint and ebay. Im a big believer in advertising on the net, as thats where all the buyers are.

I actually sold it in the local paper, and also found my new boat in the paper??
    A few good enquires came from ausfish, none from boatpoint or ebay in 2 weeks.
    Seems a lot of boaties still havent got onto the net yet, so dont discount the paper.

Andrew

Smile Re: Your Thoughts On Selling A Boat Via The Net??

Hi BR65 just brought my Yalta on boatpoint was a good deal very pleased with the way it went

Mate I have sold and bought boats from boatpoint. Never had any dramas, and would / will use it again.

trent

Hi Brian,
    Boatpoint is really an internet form of the Trading Post. You will still deal with potential buyers face to face. As posted, the local paper will often bring results also. And the small amount of $$$ that Steve Brown charges for ads here is extra good value.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

i think boatpoint and tradingpost online are both awesome. it enables you to get a feel for what the boat is worth by comparing it to similar makes/models. definately the way to go. you can really give the punter a good look at the boat with attaching a heap of photos aswell.

hope you get what u want

cheers

fish guts

Hi Brian...I sold my boat last week on the net...it was adv on Ausfish ...and ebay...and the local Trading post...Adv it on Ebay got alot of responses but most were only after a cheap buy...I always find the trading post to be the best method....

Cheers Mick

In the trading post now Mick, thanks to all who responded

cheers
    Brian

Sold my boat here on Ausfish and brought one through the Trading Post internet site. Happy with both. Reckon the Trading Post is hard to beat and Ausfish is very reasonable..
    Cheers
    Russell

Sold my boat on trading post , get best advert you can buy dont skimp you only get two weeks on trading post,boatpoint seems to take longer to sell,dont overinflate your price, itll sell if its a good buy