Thread: Shimano Fightin Rod wanted

Shimano Fightin Rod wanted

Does anyone out there have one of the old Shimano Black Magnum Fightin Rods Models BKM 1552 or SF 1552 that they are willing to part with?

Thanks
    Cameron

Re: Shimano Fightin Rod wanted

Good luck with your search.

They are excellent rods!! I've got 2.

My second one, I picked up from Crimeconverters for $20.00 , only needed 1 runner replaced 8)
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

I have the model BKM 1653 4-10 kg baitcaster. I am willing to part with it if you are willing to make a serious offer.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Jeremy
    Sounds interesting - I am not familiar with that particular model no. - could you give details on length and does it have the pistol grip handle?

Thanks
    Cameron

Cameron,

don't have it on me, but it is about 6 ft, pistol grip butt with unusually long butt. All the guides except the stripper are single foot.

Since you can't PM me, you can call me on 0414 779 107 if you wish to discuss further.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."

Apathy is the enemy

Jeremy
    After a bit of searching I've got a bead on the model that you have - a bit longer than the models I'm chasing, thanks anyway.

Cameron

As I have mentioned to cburke in another world i got one of these for 10 bucks at a garage sale. I can't belive how good they are.....

I have just picked up a BKM 1602 pistol grip baitcaster 8-20 lb. If you are still interested, PM me or email me at jeremyA@qimr.edu.au to discuss price.

Jeremy

Apathy is the enemy

Jeremy,

The BKM 1602 are magnificent rods. I got 2 of them too

Actually, I modified one of them on the weekend. Removed the trigger & reshaped the grip. Now has my Shimano TSS2 on it [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM