Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How many do you have??

Re: How many do you have??

i have 19
    my wife and i have a deal whenever she buys a new pair of shoes i get a new rod. as she has a real love of shoes it works out real well for me

Daniel

I have well over 40 maybe 50 im only 21 ive had alot givin to me and won a few and build rods at home and worked in a tackle shop the past 6 years they add up...i think i have more reels then that

i have probably too many 1000+ reels & 150+ rods [smiley=hammer.gif]

I only have 10, & use only 3 of these.
    when i left Sydney in 1988 i sold 29 & brought 27 up here with me. have slowly got rid of ones that were rotting away in the corner.use to build a few & had a habit of making new rods& using once or twice & putting in corner. started cannibalising good rods to make others so figured it was better to just get rid of excess & stop making new ones.
    now i have trouble using the few i still have.
    although i did buy a new blank a while back..........

i see the thread is getting plenty of input.
    im looking for a good slug tossing rod cos its hard to get rod that will throw weight and be easy to handle .still looking.
    then it realy gets ughly

Cloud 9,

What size slugs do you intend to throw and what size line ?? and also what species are you targeting ?

And..... what reel do you intend to match to this rod ?

Slug Tossing can be a complicated issue

Cheers Craig.

Oh yes, Put me down for 30 + Fishing Poles and Reels.

hay craigie
    TSS4 is the reel it has 30lb braid but looking for 7 to 7'6" 6kg to throw 30-40gr but want a lite rod. useing sonar tip 8-10kg at the moment but its too heavy it just for macks of all types.

Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Add another one for me... grabbed myself a "Shimano Raider Bream Finesse 7' designed by Ian Miller" so in other words its a Millerrods Bream Buster Finesse 7'. Its got a Diawa Samurai-3i 2500 spooled with Fireline on one spool, and the spare has 6kg Platypus Pre-Test. AWESOME rod for throwing plastics.

Cloud 9,

I have a couple of rods set up for 30 - 40 gram metals.
    One is a 6 - 8 kg Wilson Live Fibre spin stick that is 6 and a half/ 7 foot long that I run 17 lb Mono from a TSS4. I'm sure it could handle slightly heavier metals if needed. I also have a 7 foot ugly stick (bws1101) that is rated to 6kg matched with a 4500 Baitrunner and 6 kg mono, good for metals down to about 20 gram.

Have just purchased a Strudwick 4 - 6 kg, 7 footer and matched it with a Tica Camry (6.3 - 1 ratio) spinning reel. This outfit should throw metals down to 10 grams quite comfortably.

Would highly recomend all the above for Mac and Tuna, metal tossing, but the Strudwicks are by far the lightest rods I've used and there price reflects this.

Cheers
    Craig.