Thread: Live bait tank

Live bait tank

How many 150 mm slimeys could ya fit in only 20l of constant flowing water, reason i am asking is i am about to build a aux o/board bracket and was going to incorparate a small livey tank in it, pics later
    cheers
    blaze

Re: Live bait tank

Blaze,

I reckon somewhere between 15 - 20 fish in 20L, with a constant flow.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

thanks heath

Look forward to your pics/plan(?) Blaze

Tony

Basicly I am making a mini pod to bolt on lhs of boat to handle a 18hp merc 2 stroke, motor will be carried in cab of boat, I will then have a removeable loose fitting lid. Will plumb in a pump to supply water when drifting and excess will just flow out the loose fitting lid, while under way there will just a scoop pickup plumbed in
    cheers
    blaze

CHRIS_aka_GWH

how do you get ice to "constantly flow" blaze ? # ,

or will you wait for the spring thaw ?#

gana wait for the big thaw, I think water temp at the moment is swimming temp, 16 degrees
    we gota be tough or insane in tassie
    Trout season opens sat, so i will probable go fresh for a couple months and take my ice auger up to the central highlands on the 6th
    cheers
    blaze

blaze
    more fish will stay healthy in a shallow tank with a large surface area rather than a deep tank with same capacity, but you will be restricted for surface area in your application
    still sounds like a top idea
    love hearing people's new ideas and inventions

Daniel

keeping the water surface broken (e.g. using an airstone) also helps - big surface area, with lots of bubbles is best - small surface area that is "still" is worst. i think this is because oxygen only moves from the atmosphere into the top few mm (?cm?) of water, so you need to keep it moving around.

Sportfish_5

Keep the corners inside the tank rounded if you can

Cheers

Greg