Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is a good value sounder?

Re: What is a good value sounder?

I still want a color sounder. My X51 just recently stopped comunicating with the transducer, out of warranty by 3 months, will have to buy a color sounder to make myslef feel better.

gif

I looked at this thoroughly recently

I ended up with a Furuno 4100.

Furuno are top level professional gear - and have moved down to small boats. So you get the top level engineering at a lower price. The Furuno is repairable - unlike others that are all disposable sealed units.

And it works fine.

About $470 from BIAS - pity you missed the 10% off on the weekend.

Gary

sweet, thanks for the advice. Checking out bias now.

THIS WEEK I MANAGED A HUMMINBIRD LEGEND 3005 DEEP NEW IN BOX WITH WARANTY OFF EBAY 320 V PIXELS DUEL FREQ TRANSDUCER FOR $385 AU PLUS 20 POSTAGE NORMAL PRICE AT CALOUNDRA MARINE 1545 :GOODOO

Sean

I'm going for the lowrance X125 as soon as a can afford it.

For freshwater work like I do, 480 x 480 pixels will be very good to spot the fish.

I have x51 and X75, both are good but I want something with more pixels.

I think their round the $530 mark

Can't wait

Macca

NeilD

I picked up an X125 for $475.00 at a Southside Marine dealer. This was about $50.00 cheaper than anyone else. I also looked at the Furuno but the screen resolution on the Lowrance made the difference.

Yeehaa In and Outboard marine came through with the goods and got my sounder under warranty. Brand new X51, They found my receipt it was bought 22/08/02 and gave nearly 2 good years of service before this.

Fishing this weekend...... have to buy a new VHF now. Any comments on the Navman range of VHF