Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems With Navman

Re: Problems With Navman

Quote Originally Posted by Wello_Pete
    Hi Pinkie

Anything is possible from any dealer. #Among other things, my brand new trailer came wired with the same female attachment as the car

Cheers
    Here is another one,
    back in Feb i picked up a new axle, hubs, springs from a Brissy trailor manufacture, (the ones that built it back in 96). He wanted measurements, i did better and took off the old one and gave it to him. Got back home put it on and found the wheels protruded outside the guards. >
    must have stuffed the measurements by 20-30mm. What more can you do, > >

Hey Pinkie,

How did you go???

- Bean

Hey Pinkie
    I am currently running with a navman 4500 colour sounder, excellent little sounder but I to had problems with it reading at speed.(Transducer was set up from the dealer) The problem was the location and angle of the tranducer, the only advise I can give you is to put you boat in the water and go for a run, have a look at where you have clean water flow under your boat. This is where your transducer should be mounted,then all you have to do is get the height and angle correct. After doing this myself I can still get a good reading at 45mph depending on the weather.
    Best of luck with getting it all sorted.
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots

lukebrooksby

Look guys NAVMAN are brilliant units are they are a marvelous company to deal with, if you are having trouble hound the dealer that you bought the unit from. If they dont want to help you just pick up the phone and give the NAVMAN technicians a call. NAVMAN are proud of their products, they will more than likely be able to help you.