Thread: ifinder pro

ifinder pro

Hi guys,
    I am interested in buying a Lowrance ifinder Pro GPS from Springwood Marine for about $360. Anyone ever used one or know about them?
    They seem to be a far better GPS than the Garmin gecko or simular hand helds. The ifinder pro can take the map function whereas the others can't.
    cheers
    Les

Re: ifinder pro

I've been using one for a few months now.

Positives: Std Power Lead. Easy to read Screen. Light weight. Price
    Negatives: Not waterproof. More difficult menus. Flashin track gives me the irrates.

You'd have to compare it with a GPS12, or equivalent in Garmin stable which are much more expensive.

Overall, I'm very happy with mine, if I could just figure out how to enter a waypoint from a grid reference.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

stacer_seagull

had mine for a couple of months now, dont have any maps as yet!!!! find it easy to get to my waypoint,but still sussing out making a new trail etc etc
    anyone elses advice on this would be great as well, i have read the manual a few times,just need a few pointers
    cheers Brad

OOPs.... forget what I wrote below, you are in NT sorry

Hey Brad,
    Where are you?
    If you are in Brisbane, you could go to Springwood Marine and speak to those guys..... they are amazing at what they can do with these GPS's. World of information !!
    cheers
    Les

I have been using the old model , and its awesome. Far better than the garmin (which i have just borrowed off DC .. Sorry bout the bad plug ol mate but mine is better ) . You wont be using the map screen much, its not much good as screen is pretty small, however there are 2 other page views one in particular i find excellent to use when navigating to a mark. i find that the lowrance has less "undecidedness" about how close to your mark you are than the garmin.

Get it, its a top gps for the price.

Thanks jason, Will take your advice..... I think you are spot on mate
    cheers
    Les

DaneCross

He just doesn't know how to do use it

I bought the ifinder pro today. I also got the map for brisbane and the ram mount. All up $755. Just have to work out why my cig lighter in the boat wont work
    cheers
    Les
    PS A nice spot x would go down well around mud and peel now