Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SQUIDGIES ARE THE GO

SQUIDGIES ARE THE GO

WOW These new squidgies are the go .
    Went up the river to check crab pots with a mate Today so I took my daughters fishing rod we had no bait but tied to the line was this squidgie wow did I underestymate this little sucker
    within 2 casts It caught this flathead not a keeper but a nice fish this was while my mate was pulling in a pot.We went into some good country where bait fish where being stirred up so I flicked the line out and reeled in a 480mm Flat head. They really work .
    Can't wait to buy a bigger version to try out on the reef .
    Any one else had luck using squidgies ( at least your hands are clean) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

Re: SQUIDGIES ARE THE GO

hey bladerunner,
    sounds like you have been infected with the plastic bug [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
    great fun isnt it?
    i have had heaps of luck with squidgies and also other brands too.
    keep at it. it only gets better from here [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bladerunner

No 2 squidgies in jelly prawn are dynamite on Pike, they love em
    Cheers
    Mark

pike eat anything
    atleast the pike at wello point do, one day i caught a pike on every lure in my box
    you get sick of pike after a while as they shred your plastics

anyone with suggestions for what squidgys to use around the gold coast broadwater shoreline?
    they look like fun and would love to give them a try ???

Scotty... some Berkley 3" Drop Shot Minnows in like a watermellon, or bloodworm kind of colour. Or even something with a pearl.

Either that or a 2" Atomic fat grub.

SNELLY

Yes I think they work. Here is one of the Jacks we got yesterday in Cold,Wet and windy conditions

Mad_Barry

Where'd you go yesterday Snelly ?

Went down the haughton. Hard work for the day, ended up with a single barra of 57.999999999999

Grab yourself some bloodworm wrigglers, and gary glitters.....the two best by far...although 24 carat works a treat on flatties

well i tryed a few on the weekend, a mate had a dvd of the squidgies so i had a look at it then off to the tackle shop
    got my self a starters pack
    went down the broardwater to try them out, started at the spit with no luck
    then tryed under the southport bridge, used a small blood worm but only had a small headweight on it so i couldnt cast it out as far as i would have liked, but i did manage to land about 7 small flathead all too small so back they went
    so now im hooked on these things so im off to the tackle shop to get a few more to try

i tried a purple one (not sure of the colour name) and on about my 5th cast pulled in a 39cm flathead.

my two mates that i was fishing with, were both shocked when i showed them what i caught it on, there response was. you caught it on THAT THING??

think i converted them with that one fish.

Has anybody had any experience with the pink Sqidgies? I have a pack of them plus some soft plastic look-a-like fish with hologram eyes in green with silvery flecks. I'll be giving them a go next weekend.

I have never really got into using them but any info would be great on catching bay snapper & flathead eg jig head weights colours brands etc. Has any body had luck with them offshore in 20m plus i freind of mine reckons if the reefs off the sunny coast arent producing with baits he sets up a couple on a patternoster rig and that seems to do very well
    cheers jimbob

bidkev

Never caught a fish on 'em but I have only played around with 'em. Foulhooked a sand crab once though:-)

I'm gonna get serious with 'em this weekend and would appreciate any info on the following that the kids have given me as prezzies:

Atomic 2" shad (American).........Squidgy wriggler frostbite colour....Squidgy Fish true blue colour (sparkling)......Tsunami pro green holographic.......Mad Shad orange and black colour by Oz livin' bait series........and some white grubs that look like maggots with a tail.

Are they crap? Please don't tell me I've gotta spend some more on tackle :-)

cheers kev

SNELLY

Kev,

Looks like you will need some heads to suit the tails you have.

Its all a new learning experience and unfortunatly YES it will lead to more spending on tackle.

Snelly