Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SQUIDGIES ARE THE GO

Re: SQUIDGIES ARE THE GO

Kev
    I was by axident I found a new freind in a squidgie not only are they inexspensiive
    but they attracked the goods don't be a mean the kids have got it right this time
    BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by snelly
    Kev,

Looks like you will need some heads to suit the tails you have.

Its all a new learning experience and unfortunatly YES it will lead to more spending on tackle.

Snelly
    The kids also got me some yellow, orange and red heads of different sizes/hooks.......they have eyes on them. The Tsunami holographic and the squigy fish I've got, are already weighted and hooked. The thing is, many of the heads seem too light for where I fish in the Pin when the tide is running, even if use lighter line as do those already weighted......am I simply fishing in the wrong places with them......I seem to catch alright on my baited (heavier) tackle.

cheers

kev

Kev, You need to make sure you have enough weight to get down to the bottom, just like when you fish with bait.....

Drevil, The pink squidgies, Killer Tomato, are a flatty special, they just love them.....one place I go at Sandgate, that and the 24 carat is all I use on them

Re the Pink Squidgies. Surprisingly I've used them up at Wivenhoe Dam and have caught nothing but Tilapia on the 2" pink Squidgies. When I told the Ranger that he couldn't believe that we actually caught Tilapia on SP's. But I can tell ya they work a treat, particularly late in the day.

Will be heading back to Wivenhoe in July and look forward to hooking more Tilapia's and helping reduce the noxious pests.
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

i think they are a trial and error thing
    if one isnt working try another i used a bloodworm on the weekend and had some fun with some small lizards
    but keep trying them
    great fun

I also bought a 2 pack of jigs with eyes painted on them, meant to look like a little squid I guess. They are painted red & yellow, but I'm not sure how to use them. I'm thinking maybe verticle jigging rather than retrieving? I'll see if I can post a pic in the next few days.

Kev,

try the SPs with the weight they came with first. Too much weight will kill the action. You might need a bigger tail to take a heavier weight in some of the deeper or faster flowing spots. They do work really well though - just use a nice slow retrieve to bounce it along the bottom.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

SNELLY

Now we know that Tarpon are suckers for Squidgy's and SP's in general and this one isn't bad at 53cm BUT

SNELLY

What type of Squidgy would you use on one of these ?

cHiCo

hook a tarpon to the end of a 80mm model and have a bit of fun with the big fella

Hi All
    I bought some more squidgies today one in particular called Killer Tomato just for flicking about on the river.
    Nice jack snelly thats what I am chasing to, any tips for me ?
    The other Bloodworms I shall give em a go this week end
    Full of expectations [smiley=smug.gif]
    BladeRunner [smiley=bandana.gif]

I like to use the 70mm squidgie fish in jelly prawn up here in Darwin, Barra AND salmon love them

salmon

ive found that ive caught bigger flathead on squidgies than on anything else.
    but had great success onthe pink 1's and the blue 1's not mutch on the green yet

Cheers Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

cHiCo

hey iank think i will invest in a packet of those and give em a go up here in cairns, what jigheads do you match them with and what sort of retrieve. Cheers