Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question to most Queenslanders..

question to most Queenslanders..

what tackle shop do you go to to get your fishing gear.. what shop would you say has the best value for money..

Re: question to most Queenslanders..

Mate, suppose it depends on where you are. #I get most of my stuff (what they have at least) from a certain store starting with A and ending in mart. #My girlfriend gets 15% off there, so can't really argue with that. #

Dan
    Southwind SF20 'Piscatoreous'
    Savage 14ft tinny "About Time'

gif

Value for money?

what price is good advice worth?

Taking your advice from one store then taking your $ to a no service discounter is low.

food for thought I hope.

Coomera Bait and Tackle.
    Sponsor of the site, great members discount, and the little runty guy called Steve there really knows his fishin'. Well worth the drive from Brisneyland
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

In Cairns, 1 Cairns Tackle and Bait, talk to Peter or Tom
    2 Erskines, talk to Rob or Laurie
    3 Got One, talk to Alan or Lumpy
    4 Bills Marine talk to Paul or Ryan
    5 Northern Angler talk to Glen or Rusty
    6 Bransfords talk to Keith

I am not affiliated with any of them in any way but I can vouch for them all. They all give good service, advice is quality and will always look after their customers whenever they can.
    Most of them will "do a deal" too. I have dealt with them all for more years than I care to remember.
    Most of the blokes and sheilas in tackle stores across this country are like the ones I have just mentioned.
    cheers
    Baldy

NeilD

Difficult question. If my local tackle stores get in the ballpark regarding prices I support them. However if the large sports store saves me big bucks its a no brainer where I make my purchase. Ring around but don't forget that if you don't spend with your smaller retailers they may not be there in the furure.

Neil

Point taken Gary, but when your a poor starving Uni bum (well, not really starving lookin at the size of my gut), you look for the cheapest option. I admit, you get no advice from big stores, but hey, if I save lots of $$, i can't argue with that.

Baldy,
    I've heard that Cairns Tackle and Bait have expanded. Hows the new store compare to the old one?

Dan
    Southwind SF20 'Piscatoreous'
    Savage 14ft tinny "About Time'

Tackle world - if they haven't got it they'll get it and the guys are very friendly, helpful and quite generous with info. 2nd would be 7 to 7 'cos my little boy just loves talking to "Mr Garlick" and we get 10% off terminal gear with our reef HQ membership.
    Any fishing is good fishing (should probably say Any fishing is...probably going to be illegal soon)

Dan CT&B's new store is a vast improvement on before and there's enuf room inside to have casting lessons I reckon.
    cheers Baldy

I like the idea of supporting your local small er tackle shops - so wherever you are - give them all your support - these guys mostly work big hours, dream about fishing themselves,(cos they don't have time to get out) and make up for not being able to bulk buy/ offer great prices by offering you heaps of tips and local information.

I have no problem with shopping around for prices on bigger priced items, but always give the local guy a chance to chip in their prices too. Always use them for my everyday consumeables - terminal tackle, bait, line,m etc. and this adds up!

In the redlands I go to Duncan at Fish-head.

Lawry

i make all my significant purchases at davos bait and tackle. the sales staff there are really friendly and know what there talking about. if i ask them were fishing are b eing caught lately they always tell me.

other than that normally a tackle shop on the way to bribe not sure of the name though.

cheers philip
    Bring on the Marlin!!!

For items of the same price i buy from my local tackle store. spent $25 there day on S.P's.

But i bought a rod today at that store A something. tackle shop price $99. the other store $66.

Not hard to figure out why i bought it where i did.

Oh yeh also looked at Berkley Vanish 6lb.

Tackle store $15 for 125yds
    A something $16 for 250yds

hell of a saving and thus I bought some.

Port Macquarie Tackle ask for Phil or Chris
    both know thier fishing and has all the little gizmos for any type of fishing only place i will go for my gear

Here in Cairns I support:
    Cairns Tackle and Bait
    Erskines
    Mainly Northern Angler as Glen's shop is close to home.
    Cheers Ron
    Make something Idiot proof and they make better Idiots