Thread: Daiwa Certate spin reels....awesome!

Daiwa Certate spin reels....awesome!

Anyone fished with the new Daiwa Certate spin reels?

I have ordered a Certate 2500R Custom. Going by the standard model it should be awesome. The smoothness is like no spin reel I have ever used before (and I own a Shimano Stella, and played with a Team Daiwa Z in the shop!)

Should be getting it next week (I hope)

Would be interesting to hear any feedback from others who have fished with these reels.

Cheers

Adam

Re: Daiwa Certate spin reels....awesome!

What's the spec's and damage on these new reels?

clutter

They look awesome , i would love to have a play with one to compare it against a stella. The silver creeks look like they would be awesome little reels too ...did you order it through plat..?

crt

The standard model certates come in a variety of sizes starting at a 1500 (I think) through to about a 4000 size, the custom is only available in the 2500 size although I know (at least overseas) custom parts are available for other sizes.

This info from campells pro tackle site:

The Engine: Digigear 11, super metal body, silent ocillation and dual engine plates.

The Control: Air Bail, cross wrap winding for superior braid performance, ABS spool and twistbuster line roller.

The endurance: 9 ball bearings. Four being CRBB and the rest sealed stainless steel. Plus one roller bearing. Digigear (saltiga presise gearing...super endurance. Washable for long life.

Standard model specs for 2500 size certate taken from Japan Tackle website (I think. Anyway, just type in daiwa certate into google etc and you won't get many results):

9bb + 1 roller bearing
    abs spool,
    digigear (same gearing as the Saltiga reels)
    4.8:1 ratio
    250g (8.9oz)
    8lb-170yds
    Totally new line of spinning reel from Daiwa, under "REAL FOUR" concept. Real engine, real control, real endurance, and real custom are the four attributes achieved by Certate.

Oscillation system has silencer to absorb vibration from the gears. The cam system is installed with ball bearings and it is very reliable.
    2500 size is capable of pulling 7kg of drag, enough to fish 30lb braid!

Hope this makes sense as I was cutting and pasting things everywhere in this post.

Cheers

Adam

Here are some pictures, top is the standard certate, bottom pic is the custom. Standard retails for about $699, custom is around $799. I am getting my custom for $699 from "My Local Tackle Store". Don't know if I should mention names.

Cheers

Adam

PS: here is what campbells pro tackle site said about the custom (I think this and the above writeups come from Daiwa anyway)

The Engine: Digigear 11, super metal body, silent ocillation and dual engine plates.

The Control: Air Bail, cross wrap winding for superior braid performance, ABS spool and twistbuster line roller.

The endurance: 9 ball bearings. Four being CRBB and the rest sealed stainless steel. Plus one roller bearing. Digigear (saltiga presise gearing...super endurance. Washable for long life.
    2500-R includes custom features. It has a 3000 size body and 2500 size spool and rotor assembly. this is simply one of the most powerful small reels ever manufactured. It can also generate a massive 7kg of drag pressure, enough to easily fish 15kg braid...unreal!

Line Capacity: 200m of 3kg.
    Gear Ratio: 4.8 to 1.
    Weight: 265 grams.