Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greyscale verses colour sounders.

Re: Greyscale verses colour sounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto
    the ff50 is'nt anymore, now its a sounder and plotter together over 2.5 grand
    well then i'm happy as you know what with the price i got of a imported direct only $1250 for sounder extra $500 for gps conversion with 2 c maps

just finished installing the raymarine ds600x sounder and will hopefully be able to give it a run this weekend

Here’s a link to a sounder comparison between Furuno FCV 600l , Garmin 320c, Lowrance LCX-18c and a Si-texCVS-106L.

http://www.taylormarine.com.au/upl_images/FCV-600L%20Product%20Review%20(449KB).pdf

So far with the research I looking at the Garmin 250CD for $949.00.
    It’s a sister to the 320c, 114 Dia , 320 x 320 pixel, dual freq, 500 watts and a max depth of 400 metres and boat speed.

Thanks for your imput everyone.

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

I fished with Al_NFI on Friday using his colour Furuno ($3,000) and then used my brand new Lowrance X135 B&W ($635) yesterday so I've had a good chance to compare "greyscale vs colour".

If money is no object, colour is the way to go.
    If you have an open boat and glare is a problem, you'll need colour (except at night!) as the greyscale doesn't have a high contrast.
    If you want things "simple" go colour.

However, the X135 working in 5-15m of water showed brilliant detail and appeared to be better than the Furuno in this aspect although we were working in 30m+ of water. Got plenty of arches and I'm very happy with the purchase. Even caught a 7kg Fingermark following a couple of large arches. Didn't see any arches on the Furuno but the colour was spectacular when you came across a large school of baitfish.

In the end, unless you get a high pixel count, you aint gunna see anything much so the Lowrance 480x480 is very good for the price.

adrian

caloundra check around i got my lowrance 67x for under $600 at springwood marine