Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Live Fibre Debate

Re: Live Fibre Debate

Tony this is an easy one to answer the two blanks id recomend are the locally manufactured HP 27 and HP 28 snyderglass graphite composites, these blanks have been thouroughly researched and developed in our back yards and i believe they cost around $85, combine that with blrlg h-d guides silicon tip, hyperlon grips quality reel seat etc and your looking sweet! I like every think triple bound as well...foxy

Foxy
    That price for the blanks would make them a little cheaper to build than a custom live fibre, the triple overbind would make only a small difference to the construction price.
    Good thread mate!

Regards, Tony

Gorilla_in_Manila

Willo,
    Thanks for that mate. Meant to bring the Mo's catalogue back up here with me for reference, but forgot it of course.
    Any chance you want to share your wisdom on choice of blanks?

Tony,
    That pricing is interesting. Guess a run of a dozen or 20 units would improve the numbers further.

Cheers
    Jeff
    PS interesting topic foxy. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Jeff
    That price is based on a standard rate, A run of 12-20 units would only change if the blanks and materials could be purchased cheaper in bulk. The labour side would remain the same. Based on those sort of figures as Foxy says a good custom rod could come in at around the $300 mark, If you had a good repore with your rod builder.

Regards, Tony

I had 4 custom rods made up for less than $200 each. 4 kg baitcaster, 6-10 kg spin, 6 kg oh, 8 kg oh. All fuji components, pacific composite blanks, customised to my requirements. I am very happy with the quality of the work, but I am using them within their ratings and not pulling hundreds of kgs with them.

If anyone is interested he is in Capalaba (Brisbane). If you want the details, have a look at one of the newsletter on our website.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Purchase a Custom Rod for around the $300, you are doing well..Doesnt matter wether 4-6kg stick or 10-15kg..One the parts will be cheaper though the Rod a tad a little more fussy putting together whilst the other the parts dearer though the Rod a lot easier and faster putting together...SOMETIMES ...
    Think main thrust of the debate so far is "Ya get what ya pay for""???..