Thread: Shimano stellas in Japan. Cheap???

Aaron_Fogarty

Shimano stellas in Japan. Cheap???

How much are the 4000 stella s back in Aust.? Ive been looking for cheap shimanos over here since I got here but they all seem to be evenly matched, until a japanese mate found a local online shopping site with cheap reals..in japanese of course.

$400 aust for a stella 4000 it seems good compared to the aust online shopping sites?

Ive got to do more reserch into it yet.
    How much is the 4000 in Australia?
    Regards
    Aaron

Re: Shimano stellas in Japan. Cheap???

last time i looked.. a size 2000 stella went for around the $900+ mark

Tim

dunphys' has a monopoly on the distribution of shimano- so as a result we pay about double what the yanks or japs pay for the same item, so much for free market economy. i heard of a importer is being sued for bring in much cheaper shimano gear - claim is breach of copy right !!! ffs' it seems some have got an easy existance in this country.
    damon

Yup its pretty much double what the japs and yanks pay.

Hey Aaron, I'm living in japan and have been visiting the tackle shops of Shibuya tokyo a lot lately - i have found that reels are slightly cheaper for the top end stuff like stellas etc, and much cheaper for bottom end reels. Can you tell me the website ur mate is talking about, i'd love to check it out while i'm here,
    Cheers

Aaron_Fogarty

Reafpud
    The mate Hasn t got back to me yet but I ll let you know as soon as I know. If its true not bullsh#" I want to check out the TLDs as well...Also have you found any quality bait runners over here, Im looking for a pair of 6500 s but havnt been able to find any."maybe they just make them for our market in Australia only."
    Tim thats about what Im looking at on the Australian shopping sites...If thats the case there about half price over here, if I can get a look at this site.
    GET BACK TO YOU ALL!
    Cheers
    Aaron

Aaron -by chance do you know the price of the big stella 20000, over there?...foxy

Aaron_Fogarty

Foxy
    If this mob that my mates talkin about is lagit" Id say they will have the whole range. Normal tackle store prices are not any better than our prices at home, Ive run through the drill on many reels several times. My mate works in a large chain tackle shop so if any one would know where to get em cheap, he would. We fish together often, and on a big night on Asahi DRY (BEER) and local sake he spilt the beans on this web sight he knew about. Ive mailed him with a follow up but no reply....Dont worry Im tenachously persistant, Im sure he ll cough it up.
    fingers crossed
    Aaron

Reels are a lot cheaper in japan,singapore and the states thats why i buy mine from overseas on ebay its the only way to go.eg my last purchase was a 2500 diawa capracorn for $90.00.It took 3 weeks to get shipped from the states but i still saved over $150.00 of the local price........And with the aussie dollar pushing up towards 80 cents against the greenback there only gettig cheaper........

I wonder is the new "free trade agreement" with the USA will impact on these sorts of things?

if anyone wants anything particularly priced here in japan, please email me specific details and i will give you the info - i usually plan my tuesdays for a trip to the tackle shops - hell i cant go fishing so i may as well drool over the tackle.