Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: That Mart ......A

That Mart ......A

Have you ever been into that mart and been greeted with a HI HOW ARE YOU SIR / MADAM
    It does prompt you to say hey or be starteld ?
    But I like to say to the young ladies '..How yyoouu Dooin.. '
    What do YOU say ? ???

Re: That Mart ......A

Im the anti social type and dont like to be bothered by staff unless I specifically ask them about something. I usually just give the `stfu and point me to the fishing section` look

vort-fu

lol . i am always curtious and greet them back with "i am well thank you, how are you?"

As for talking to em from that point on ? i am with Virtfu. Only want the help when i ask for it.

p.s a teacher i once had was a character and when he asked "how are you?" and we replied "i'm good" he sometimes said " i know you are good, but are you well?" . Hence i always say " i am well thank you"

I know the sales staff get this shit drummed into them about hassleing people, but has anyone ever done any real research and proved it actually works. ???
    There are some shops I refuse to even go into because of this crap.
    I absolutly hate it when they follow you around trying to talk to you.
    When they greet you and say are you right do you need any help etc , I usually just say , "Mate if I need any help , you will be the first to know".

... and don't you just love it when you do finally ask that know-it-all salesman a question and thay answer with that "you-mean-you-don't-know-how-that-works-you-moron" sort of tone >

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

It works. Tons of research. But in experienced hands only. The vast majority of people who go into a shop for retail therapy have no idea what they are buying. Really well trained staff should be able to convert this to sales or at least make it a pleasant experience. Have a look at Michael Hill Jewellers, Bunnings and a bunch of others for examples. The mart is not a good example I'm afraid.

Mad_Barry

Would you like fries with that answer Whiteman ? #

Sportfish_5

Do you want chips or French Fries ??

that ad cracks me up each time I see it

CQ_Fisher

My Dad is a typical cranky old bugger and hates the way Australia follows everything that the US does. i remember years ago when i was still a young fella we went to Sizzler (that was a task in itself to get the old mean to go somewhere where you had to line up to serve your own food) i remember when we were ordering our meals the poor innocent girl on the counter asked Dad if he wanted french fries with his meal, the conversation went something like this:
    Girl: would you like french fries with your meal, sir?
    Dad: no thanks, but i will have some chips
    Girl: but we only have french fries
    Dad: i dont eat french fries, but i do eat chips
    Girl: um, they are the same thing?
    Dad: (acting ignorant) are they really?
    Girl: so would you like french fries?
    Dad: no, just some chips thanks love
    Girl: but didnt i just tell you that they were the same?
    Dad: yea, but i dont like trying new foods
    Girl: ok, would you like chips with your meal, sir?
    Dad: yes thanks, love

I reckon it works on chicks, and they just havn't worked out guys know what they want BEFORE they go into a shop, and hate to be annoyed. ???

hahah CQ Fisher, that is a great story.

Will have to put on my cranky hat soemtime and try that for a laugh

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Dicko, no fries thanks, but I've had a few pies with flies.

DaneCross

It's the "see you later" that gets me. It'd be ok if it was from the person who has just spent some time serving me, but it's from some random bugger that has to stand at the door scaring everyone who walks through it. I just think, "Why? We've been in, spent up (or not) now we're leaving, you can no longer get anything from me or do anything for me..."

You mean they say that to every customer !!!!!??

I really believed I was someone special so I bought every item in the store just to prove it.

Did someone say Bunnings?
    You could die in the one here in Toowoomba and they wouldn't find your body for a week.Try and sell you something, Ya can't find anyone in that place to ask anything let alone have them try to sell you anything.

I love the place

Kev