Thread: Araphat frillneck hats

Araphat frillneck hats

G'day guys,

To those who use this brand of hat: i noticed the other day that the araphats can be made out of two different types of material. One is a soft traditional cotton type (which feels cooler) while the other is an SFP 50+ sort of nylon/breathable quick dry type fabric. Just wondering which is a cooler hat to wear and the better option to buy ........ ?

Cheers
    CT

Re: Araphat frillneck hats

go natural cotton - nylon is a horrible nasty invention that will hold heat and make ur head feel like its drowning and melting at the same time - I really dont think the SPF factor is going to vary dramatically, especially if you have a dark colour. I have a cotton one in dark blue - as many of you may know, the only downside to dark blue is it attracts march flies................... ???

I have one of each. I can't tell the difference between them in respect of one being hotter than the other. What I can tell you though is the synthetic fabric is very long lasting. My cotton one, which is not that much older than the synthetic one, is much the worse for wear.

One is the micro-tex fibre,
    The theory is that the micro-tex allows air circulation as well as 50+ sun protection.
    It also dries very quickly and has an anti-microbial treatment.

# # # # # # Regards, Tony

PS You probably wouldn't notice the air circulation factor unless you were wearing them closed right up.