Thread: silstar jig-em rigs

silstar jig-em rigs

has any one tried the silstar jig-em rigs ?? are they good in side the bay ??

Re: silstar jig-em rigs

Used a pink one with three squid last weekend nailed a nannygai, 80 cm grunter spotted mackeral. Worked a treat on the wrecks up here. Found that putting a little bit of bait on workede well. They nibble the bait then smash the jig. Definetly worth the 5 bucks. cant see why they wouldnt work in the bay as you here about plenty guys on ausfish catching fish on plastics.

yeh a mysterious promo dvd arrived in the mail and has a demo of those jig em rigs, they were catching kingies on em in sydney harbour as well as flathead, and just like devocean said they put a little bait on the hooks too, id give em a go given the chance.

I got that mystery video too. Dunno where from though. I suspect the Compleat Angler mailing list ??

Heres a copla pics of those fish I caught using the jig. They are pretty sturdy that grunter gave a hell of a fight in 40 metres of water

Sorry try again

Heres the grunter

Strong too. Thats the same rig and it also caught 3 spotty mackeral with no trace and the jigs held up no worries just a few teeth marks which I fixed with a bit of super glue. Hooks are also very strong. Cant fault em for 5 bucks

sweet thankyou for the info might try them this weekend

Devo, what area were you fishing in to get that bumper Grunter?

Geez Devo,

Hope that weather holds, Mrs skip and I are headed up NQ in 2 weeks. Just spent last week in nsw and it was blowing its bum off. Got back home to Moreton Bay wednesday to a glassed out bay.

Anyway heres hoping. Nice fish by the way.

Cheers,
    Tony 8)
    Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem Bright ...... untill they speak

Robbo was in about 45 metres of water on top of remants of an old yaught wreck. Though not much of it s left but the fish still hang around. We also got a decent jewfish that day on the same spot. Fingermark are also caught there as well as big gold spot. Only 11 km from the ramp