Thread: Stradic 1000

Stradic 1000

Got myself a Stradic 1000 the other week and am having a bugger of a time while casting, it seems to pull a stack of line (braid ) off at once and end in a tangled mess.
    I have met a few blokes who have them, some say no worries others say the same as me.
    Any one else had problems. ?
    Mick

Re: Stradic 1000

have had simmillar problems with most small threadlines like daiwa regals etc, generally its not too bad every 4-5 casts i throw a long one and wind on tight. It only happens when im using plastics and line gets too loose. a solution is to marginally underfill the spool, i dont think you will loose too much distance either. For flathead or snapper on plastics castin distance shouldnt need to be 80 mile anyway.

Jas

nah JB is spot on
    underfill the reels when useing braid as it does have a habbit of grabing and pulling off loops
    a have a few stradics and they are my fav reel for spinning with lures in rivers for both bass and bream

yeh i read a similar problem in a fishing mag and the bloke said that the spool is most likely overfilled and JB's long cast out and tight wind on is also a good idea.

Thanks fellas
    Mick

mate have a look at your reel manual as you can change the washer configuration to make the reel lay line in a rearward taper which will eliminate the problem without having to underfill the spool.

am

Underfill is certainly the answer - but also keep an eye on the very first turn of the reel after closing the bail arm. The first loop will often start fairly loose which causes problems on subsequent casts. I will often take the first turn through the fingers as I start the retrieve.