Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOLD BOMBERS

Re: GOLD BOMBERS

I won't go fishing unless I have at least two bombers on board. Don't worry about them losing their bark, just draw on a few tiger stripes with a nikko and away you go.

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer
    [quote author=CHRIS_aka_GWH link=1125308689/10#11 date=1125435483]b52 have a deeper diving bib from memory

wheezer spray your old bombers matt black - straight black is a remarkably effective colour at the top of the water column - i've also caught tailor in the bay using a white sprayed bomber with a red head (but i've also caught tailor on cardboard)
    I have thought of repainting them, as I have an ever growing collection of used bombers , mind you though, they still catch fish. I'd like to know if it's possible to recoat the lures in a similair bright gold finish easily and cheaply.
    [/quote]

mix up some epoxy give the lure a coat then add gold glitter, use ya finger to make sure it lays flat.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez,

a double quote box - that's flash rob - real geek stuff ! #

sort of stuff a 3.5x103 post member can do I guess.

Smithy's comment about the Halco Laser Pro is worth adding to. I have a few and found them less effective but that was the old three hook version. Halco have released a two hook model is it's latest revision. I must get one to try up at Mackay in a few weeks.

The other barra lure that has been so effective for me is the River2Sea Sea minnow 12cm. Again it's a two hook lure and I've found it as effective as a B52 but without the price tag. I started using River2Sea at Monduran and I've lost enough of them to big fish to say they are good. They were the only lure I could get threadfin on up at Weipa