Thread: Wilson Live Fibre 15 - 24 kg rod

Wilson Live Fibre 15 - 24 kg rod

G'day All,

Recently when I was fishing off shore I was trying to break 50lb mono off a snag and loaded up the rod to do so #[smiley=hammer.gif], (yes I know WRONG ! #) when I heard a loud crack come from the rod #. After doing the right thing and finally holding the rod parralell with the line and holding the spool it broke off.

After re rigging and fishing for the next two days I didn't notice any perfomance drop in the rod or any more cracks. On visual inspection of the rod I couldn't see any surface damage to it. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else with this type of rod ? or should I take to a tackle shop for them to inspect ? Any advise appreciated.

Damo.

Re: Wilson Live Fibre 15 - 24 kg rod

High sticking a rod. Tut Tut Tut. .

Loud cracking sound does not sound good. Is it the full live fibre or the glass -live fibre composite M10 classic i think?
    Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Ian,

It's not the M10 but the brown coloured one model 7WS70XJ from memory the overhead type rod.

Damo

Ian, the same one as I've got. Unfortunately it's only been really truly tested by trying to pull the plug, and I nearly got it a couple of times... No cracking sounds though.
    Finding_Time knows all about high sticking apparently unbreakable rods, so he speaks with some authority Bugger
    Was that below the belt? It's just that I'll never forget the look on his face as $850.00 turned into two for the price of one......
    nil carborundum illegitimi

All rods let out a bit of a crackling noise the first time they are asked a few hard questions,while I wouldn't consider these to be loud they are distinct,mostly the bindings opening up at the end of each guide foot,could have also been the glue under the reel seat letting go,if it was the blank I would expect some sort of discolouration in the layers of glass/composite material near where the blank starts to stiffen up.There's not much that can be done by a tackle shop in any case so I'd just continue useing it.

Check the reel seat fittings on the rod -
    Regards
    BeastMaster
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Buy a new one!

damo, i know someone who needs a new rod, theirs' got snapped, hey stubbie...

a shimano backbone 10kg rod isn't it stubbie he's still waiting for your call

Broken rod? Don't know what ya talking about [smiley=devilish.gif]