Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: g loomis rods are they worth the extra $

Re: g loomis rods are they worth the extra $

gee whiz hasn't the weather been nice.

hey dont knock a man for only having a few posts - its quality of the post not quantity - some out there have over 500 posts and havent said anything useful at all - "nice one" and "got any pics" 300 times doesnt count as a valuable post in my book. Sounds like u got something personal going on here Bazzaman - dont muck around calling names or abuse etc. when u could do the job properly and hire some tough guys to do ur dirty work for ya - I'm sure that Mick and Big-Unit can give u some advice in that respect, and can definately help u make abuse much more entertaining.

nice one

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

I must be bored cause I'm gunnu stick up for Lures. There's a reason why he's sponsored by GL and that's cause he can fish the a*** of most people I know (sorry al_nfi). And he does this in a crappy little boat and using his ability to bludge rides in bigger and better craft.

Now Lures, you owe me a seminar at the next fishing club do!

Bazzaman, this is my 527th post so hopefully you'll take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteman
    There's a reason why he's sponsored by GL and that's cause he can fish the a*** of most people I know
    so is he a good fisho because of his knowledge & loomis realise this so use him to promote their product, therefore making people think they are the best rods.

or could he still do the same using a a basic garden variety rod, which would mean it's the fisho not the rod ??

Dr makes agood point and this is really what this whole thread was about..... ??? ithink?

To test this theory I'm willing to Swap my 10 year old 6'6" rex hunt estuary spin rod (K-Mart $40 with reel) with any pro or sponsored fisho for a GLoomis...(nevermind the reel it's in a lake somewhere).

BRING IT ON......

Roo.

Barrymundi

Go Lures,

First up I fish with Lures and I have also worked in the tackle industry.

Like my earlier post I fish with GLOOMIS rods. I have also been involved with some sponsorship. In a comp I would fish 2 days in a row for about 6 hours per day. A cheaper rod is generally too heavy, lacks accuracy and will not load up evenly. If you fish once a month on a casual basis buy an ABU Mooran.

I have sold plenty of GLOOMIS rods and those fishos are still using them today with no complaints. Most of the whiners, not saying anyone here is, cannot afford the product.

My luring outfit is a GLOOMIS GL2, Chronarch and 20 pound braid, plus a GLOOMIS GL2 Calcutta with 30 pound braid. A lot of money, so what. Should see my lure box, that is where all the money goes.

I don’t need to post pictures and have a huge numbers of postings to have a valued opinion.

Looks like a few boys here need to go fishing.

Al

Barrymundi

LURES CANNOT POST A REPLY. HE HAS BEEN BLOCKED FROM LOGGING ON

maybe he is in the bin for a few days, I wonder if someone else is also on BLOCK

Al

wonder is I get the boot ?

It's pretty simple isn't it, you are entitled to an opinion on whether Loomis rods are worth it or not if you have ACTUALLY used one, and if you have and have a negative opinion then tell us why, based on your experience.

This also goes for other more expensive brands like Sage, Gatti, Lamiglas, St Croix etc.

There is a reason why they are more expensive, aside from performance, it is also a result of quality control issues as well.

First name brands are the cream of any production run, better quality materials are used in their manufacture, and they are invariably inspected by hand. All these factors add to production costs, and to higher retail costs.

Lesser brands are mass produced, materials are not always top quality, and quality control procedures usually involve limited sampling, the end result is a cheaper article because the production costs are less.

The car analogy used before is a good one, but it's more like a Holden/Ford versus a BMW/Audi, utility versus performance and driving pleasure.

So if the former is all you need, get a Rex Hunt broomstick special, if the latter, spend some bucks, simple as that.
    -------------------------------
    Veni, Vidi, Fishi
    I came, I saw, I Fished

wise words from our yankee friend, he's kinda showing you lot up as being "cheap". crayzie you should checkout NZ if you want the larger styled steelheads, you can have the better rod cheaper ....but you can't have the fish says 20million to 240million people. practice makes perfect what ever the rod type, its over and all about actual techniques, methods and largely the quality of your fishery.

#i would show you up on your steelheads with my "ian miller" t-curve and sustain 4000!(see justin at northside marine).
    #then he would get the croix of what i said earlier!
    ....god bless america, because we are starting to eat alot of chinese food lately......here in 'down and out under'

nice walleye kevin.
    #i got a room full of rods! its been an evolution of purchases to get back to leaving port with only a couple of rods in the rocket launchers and coming back with the 'bagged out' on quality fish feeling...the stuff that makes the ramp rats drool, the poor, wet, besotted and fishless heivens.

#ciao riccardoni's
    #damon

Quote Originally Posted by damons33
    wise words from our yankee friend, he's kinda showing you lot up as being "cheap". crayzie you should checkout NZ if you want the larger styled steelheads, you can have the better rod cheaper ....but you can't have the fish says 20million to 240million people. practice makes perfect what ever the rod type, its over and all about actual techniques, methods and largely the quality of your fishery.

i would show you up on your steelheads with my "ian miller" t-curve and sustain 4000!(see justin at northside marine).
    then he would get the croix of what i said earlier!
    ....god bless america, because we are starting to eat alot of chinese food lately......here in 'down and out under'

nice walleye kevin.
    i got a room full of rods! its been an evolution of purchases to get back to leaving port with only a couple of rods in the rocket launchers and coming back with the 'bagged out' on quality fish feeling...the stuff that makes the ramp rats drool, the poor, wet, besotted and fishless heivens.

ciao riccardoni's
    damon
    T-Curve?

Alert the media, the worlds greatest treasurer has taken up fishing.

Seriously though, aren't the T-Curves Shimmy blanks? Probably using Loomis tech, he he. They're up there in price too.

I hear you on the steelies in land of the long white shroud, but before then it will be the wild rivers of Alaska or Canuckia before I can lay me a line down in NZ.

Stella says she can't sustain herself any longer, but she's not croix with you.

-------------------------------
    Veni, Vidi, Fishi
    I came, I saw, I Fished

$210au compared with $500+au for the loomis in the same 'style'
    damon

At the end of the day they are all expensive tomato stakes (some are just more expensive than others).

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Dear Moderators

If you have blocked Lures for telling it like it is, you have stupidly lost a knowledge base worth 1,000 posts from the average hack (maybe 2,000 in my case!). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume his PC has a virus.

why would they block lures, i am sure he would have had notification if this has happened,anyway, if he is blocked then he must have overstepped the mark..

as for being worth 1000 posts from the average hack, someones ego is getting a bit out of hand...if this wealth of knowledge requires that he has to post things that are removed, i think we will survive with the average hacks that post all the useless info here.