Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: g loomis rods are they worth the extra $

NeilD

Re: g loomis rods are they worth the extra $

The worse thing is that the buggers are probably still making a profit

Thanks for all the advice guys.sorry Ive taken so long to reply back. I was surprised at the amount of replys Ive received over this topic. In the end I decided to get a samurai rod made up with the best quality fittings money could buy. Money wasnt an isue buying a loomis rod , but I just couldnt justify paying twice the price when their didnt seem to be that much difference between the 2 rods

the blanks are very good but the build quality on some are bad bad bad.bad runner spacings, and most not built on the backbone.

Brett_Hoskin

[quote author=Dodgy_Back link=1121839010/0#7 date=1122016184.<br>One of my mates said I was a lunatic for spending 600 on a rod he reckons I should have spent no more than 300 or so even that would be too much he reckoned. <br>My argument was this if I bust my Loomis any which way, all I do is pay a surcharge of #$140 odd and I get it replaced no probs , If i brake a rod of another brand with no warranty of around $200 to replace that I need to spend another $200.<br>So for that reason I thought it pretty good and a great rod to use as well, <br>Mick<br> [/quote]

Hoping this isnt too out of date but the warranty applies only to rods built by Loomis or custom built by Todds. If you buy a blank and build the rod there is no warranty.

I also recall doing some research a couple of years ago and saw hat the loomis rods in the states were a break and return with no cash changeover. With Tods charging$150.00 each time .......It makes you wonder if te rod's true value is $150.00.

Brett_Hoskin

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Is it true loomis rods need to be sent to the states for warranty approval? Saw someone on another site saying their rod had to be sent to the states before replacement was given.<br><br><br><br>
    All warranty offered at point of sale is the express responsibility of te entity which sold it to you.

i dont think loomis can justify there price ,my mate makes all kinds of rods and buys the blanks which are so close to the loomis blanks.i think loomis has capitalised on there big name from all the talk from the pros with which they give all there gear to any way,thus very good marketing.

I've got procasters calcuttas and loomis rods but I have to say my glx casts further with less effort than all tyhe others even the loomis crankbaits so as it was my money I wanted the best I could afford and I'm sorry if my buying some loomis rods offend other members

Quote Originally Posted by garygusart2000
    I've got procasters calcuttas and loomis rods but I have to say my glx casts further with less effort than all tyhe others even the loomis crankbaits so as it was my money I wanted the best I could afford and I'm sorry if my buying some loomis rods offend other members

no-one cares,no one is offended, good luck to you, it's just that some of us cannot justify that kind of money when the extra distance doesn't make that much difference in 99% of situations anyway.
    me, i would love one, but there is no way i will spend that kind of money when there is so much to choose from at a heck of a lot less, that will, in my personal opinion, do almost as good, if not as good as a loomis. just my opinion

cheers dr I agree it comes down to personal preference just some people go over the top a bit it doesn't matter what your using fish can't read price tags if you've got the right lure or bait in the right spot you'll catch a fish

luress

Randy not built on backbone has little effect on most rods under 10kgs some 15 most good rod builders will tell you that.As for guide spacings yes the line does touch the blank when you high stick if you fish a rod properly the spacings are fine
    regards gary.