Thread: Scratches on the transducer

Scratches on the transducer

Hi all

Managed to put some fairly deep dints/scratches in my transducer. Currently I can get a reasonable depth reading, but nothing else . Does anyone know where I can pick up a new transducer for an eagle sounder in Brisneyland.

Cheers

John G

Re: Scratches on the transducer

I needed a new transducer for my X71 and picked one up on ebay in the US. Cost me less than half the local price, apart from that try any Eagle/Lowrance dealer or even Lowrance australia direct.

Cheers, Clutter.

let us know how you go mate , good luck.

CHRIS_aka_GWH

we are talking sonar here, sound waves, high frequency vibration its not the scratches in my opinion but the shock from what caused the scratches

if you are getting depth then you are piercing the water column - output must be ok - are you getting lots of interference or what is exactly are you receiving ??

What I seem to be getting is a bottom reading which is very thin, but no reading on anything else in the water table. What made me think that something is wrong is that I got no details of live bait schools around a beacon the last trip out, yet we were catching 5 on a jig, indicating they were pretty thick......normally my sounder is pretty decent at showing up any schools of bait. This is the first time Ive tried to use it after scraping the tranducer on a rock which left some decent deep scratches on it's bottom surface......

No luck on Ebay as yet....Lowrance dealer quoting me $200 for a new transducer....hmmmm must be made of gold inside

Vic,

Easy way to tell if the transducer is working is just turn it on out of the water and see if it tics, if it does its working if not she's cactus. Basic I know but gives you something to start on.

Keep looking on ebay as they always pop up, have a look on the Lowrance/Eagle website to get the right part number and search that.

Cheers, Clutter

I have a transducer from a Lowrance X51 that may suit. Was working perfectly but the sounder went haywire. Since upgraded to a 137 which uses a different transducer.