Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old gear.

Old gear.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a look at some old gear that some of you folk may have around.

So here is some of the selection that I have scattered around the place.

Cheers Zedjack33 [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif]

The first lot is some ready rigs with cork, varying for different species

Re: Old gear.

The next one is of 6 rods I have 3 are surf with two of the being bamboo with porcelain eyes. One surf rod is fibre glass and then a couple of more short boat rods of varying age. One is a shakespear not in that good nick but…….

Next the Shakespear

Next is bamboo with timber handle boat rod. The reel mount is just a collar which one slides and then a pin is put in to hold the reel and collar in place.

Same again

Had this set up given to me aaaaalllooooongg time ago. Line is connected to the centre, the arms all have hooks braised to them and all can pivot up to the centre. I have no idea what this was used for. Anyone have a guess?

Had put this in another post in general chat. Metal shaft, timber handle, braised eyes and very light. Not sure how it would have held against bigger fish!

This reel has a running eye which is guided by the line only, unsure of the type of fishing it would be used for. Maybe course fishing. Appears to be bakerlight (?)

another

another

geee, those corks bring back childhood memories...

wiseguy67

I have a collection of split cane: My most prized is a Richard walker signature series MKIV Avon Carp its in near mint condition and is for sale to the right buyer. Recently one sold on ebay for over $500. There was one sold a while back for much more than that, i can't remember exactly but it was in the $1000s.

Next i have a restored in near mint condition GrampUs its a unique 5 pc splitcane with heavy tip as well as light tip. Very nice rod. It was my first cane rod and i used to fish with it until someone told me it was worth.

Then a unknown make split cane rod in great conditon, its a four pc heavy rod.

I also have a very nice little fly rod also cane that i have no pictures. Its a travel fly rod that is light as a feather, this too i used to use until someone advised to keep cane rods of this nature out of the elements.

All my rods are for sale as i will be moving in the next year or so and won't have room for them. Its a shame as i would like to hold onto them but they are better off in another persons collection. I keep them in protective pvc tubes as light is the killer of quality cane rods.
    PM me if seriously interested, or just want to drop by and have a look.

wiseguy67

splitcane2

wiseguy67

splitcane 3

Nice work