Thread: 3-5kg spinning outfit???

3-5kg spinning outfit???

Hey guys...
    # # # # # # # # #Looking for a 3-5kg salt spin outfit for around $100- $150 and like the look of the
    Silstar PC-601SPM #and the OKUMA Avenger 40... Any thoughts on this combo or other suggestions

Cheers Eddie

ismail

Re: 3-5kg spinning outfit???

Eddie,

Head down to Springwood Marine. Two weeks ago my bro in law and I both picked up SHimano Rackraiders 3-5kg for $95.00 and Im sure they have a reel to suit it. I have it matched to an okuma epix 2000. Other places are selling the rod for $140+ so its worth going down to have a look at.

Cheers ismail...

I was hoping to get away with spending $150 total...

So many brands... So many combinations...

Far_Canal

you can get nice and light silstar graphites for 80 and dropshots for 90ish these days, why not go for a decent rod and chuck a normal reel on there for now or just lash out an extra 20 bucks and you would be able to put a trustworthly shimano reel on there

Cheers JACKpot...

Thanks for the advice... For the little extra i'd rather get quality... Any particular Shimmano reel inmind?

davidgrifin44

stella mate, cheap as chips and a quality reel

davidgrifin44

nah im only kidding about the stella mate..... there a bit expensive, try the aernos xt series from shimano, good reel

I found the best prices on the internet and went to Bill Fishers at Frankston and they came to the party and i left the store with the Shimano aernos xt 2000 and the Berkley Dropshot 7"2' 2-4kg with 8lbs braid for $200... Got some Berkley soft baits and went for a flick today... It's been 4 years since I wet a line... Caught nothing... Had so much fun... I'll be back at it Tomorrow... Thanks Guys for the advice... Thanks Bill Fishers, Frankston!!!