Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ausfish Specials

Re: Ausfish Specials

Mike,

Any of the lads on the floor can and will help you.
    Just walk to the counter and ask Amy on the counter to speak to one of the boys about what you need and she will point you in the right direction.

Sundown Marine.
    Sundown Marine.
    Cnr Anzac Ave and Regency street
    Redcliffe QLD 4020
    (07) 32033007

I think sundown marine is a place i should stay far far away from.

My pocket is burning
    but then I do most of my shopping with a little golden card.
    [smiley=devil.gif] [smiley=devil.gif]

cheers, Roo.

No 1 law of advertising -
    THERE'S A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE
    Now heres a case of a marine dealership (& a pretty good one too) offering "special "deals to Ausfishers on tackle etc - a great vertical market integration strategy - BUT DONT BE FOOLED #>- THEY ARE NOT THE CHEAPEST IN TOWN (shock horror) - went to Sundown yesterday to check an item then to a new "Big Competitor Forevething" (check the caps) today to find it was about 15% CHEAPER #- wow I thought this is great - until I discovered the item I wanted, needed another "thinga-me-gig" which they did'nt have - bummer - but here's the rub - the salesperson was trying to convince me that a "doo-hickey" would go just as well as a "thinga-me-gig" - well I'm no tackle expert but I couldn't see the wisdom of tieing a downrigger ball to an outrigger pole #- dont laugh - this guy was dead set serious (think he was an ex Supa Cheap salesperson of the month or something) - so perhaps the moral of the story is - its not simply the lowest price that is the best value, but rather the service and advice that goes with the sale, particularly if Sundown are prepared to (& I think they are) stand behind the products they sell & advice they offer - so good on ya Sundown - most bulk retailers like "Big Competitor Forevething" dont want to know you after you've taken the product out of the door - the proof of the lure (pun intended) will be in the chewing
    Rip
    PS this is not a paid advert & frankly I dont think Sundown are the cheapest in town on most things but I've found from my past dealings they represent honest value-for-money - it's that little extra piece of advice or assistance that's worth so much more (even though it may not be apparent at the time) - simple marketing formula that
    Haines Hunter 650 'Horizon' 200 4st Johnson (aka Suk DF200) call sign "Dozer" or "Uripper"

I've found from my past dealings they represent honest value-for-money - it's that little extra piece of advice or assistance that's worth so much more (even though it may not be apparent at the time) - simple marketing formula that
    THat's a great statement. People that look for the CHEAPEST no matter what just sh*t me. It's not just about the $$$. I could go on but won't - I just agree with the above statement 100%

searaider

Onya Sundown Marine [smiley=2thumbsup.gif],
    Called in to get a few bits & pieces yesterday and thought that I may as well find out the Ausfish Price for a new TSS 4 .
    Price Ended up being too good to resist and had to get one .

Peter
    Searaider 2

I am intrigued now and think I will have to go in store just to find out the deal details. If you can set up a good rig for mackerel at the right price then you will have my custom.
    I never go for the bottom price on service.

Keep on dealing Sundown

Angla

Did as I said previously.

Went there and talked to the friendly staff at Sundown and came home with
    TSS4
    matched rod
    20 lb line x 500m Spooled on by the friendly staff.
    4 x assorted lures for mackerel and others
    Smile on my dial

Cash and nominating as a member worked a treat

VERY PLEASED AND i MUST SAY i WILL BE BACK. Thankyou Sundown

Angla

i may just have to drop in on the weekend!

Is there anyone on this website that doesnt own or want a TSS4 !!

Ausfishers = high speed freaks

Its a dam shame that shimano does not have the same views as all of us when it comes to continuing the tradition of such a great reel.

I don't have a TSS4 - YET

I think Shimano can't afford to keep the Tss4 in production.. none of their other reels would get sold

stradic 8000 for me

Quote Originally Posted by vertico
    stradic 8000 for me
    Stradic 8000 aint exactly in the same ball park when it comes to price or value for money when compared to tss4.

Quote Originally Posted by JB
    Is there anyone on this website that doesnt own or want a TSS4 !! # #
    mmm let me see now... at last count 4 + the new one I got today.. that = 5

Garry
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

are they that good garry?
    are they one of the must haves if looking to use a large spinning reel.
    I don't get out to the mackeral enough to warrant one of these unless i could maybe use the same on my beach rod. I was think of getting a penn spinfisher but i don't know if it would keep up.
    maybe i should apply the nike principal....just do it.

roo