Re: Ausfish Specials

Hey Dan...

have plastic...will spend

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

Hi Tony (Rajawolf)

I don't think it would be fair to them to give the dollar amount on the chatboards...as Sundown said...they want to keep on step ahead of the competitors so wont write down numbers...but let me say this...they absolutely blitzed the prices advertised in recent catalogues released by the 2 biggies on the price of a tld25, 15-24kg live fibre loaded with 50lb platypus braid and jigs...and that's not to mention better than boat show prices on chandlery for my set up...plus very friendly, professional, informed expert and welcomed advice on every aspect of my purchases (including GPS marks if you get the right guy ooops sorry Jason didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag )

Over the last couple of months I've been in and out of there a bit as you may be able to imagine and I live on the south side in Logan. Sundown have made the trip across town very worthwhile in spite of rising fuel costs...I can't speak highly enough of Grant and his team...they will certainly make it worth your while to shop there...only thing they need to really top it off is a coffee machine ....but there is plenty to look at and keep you interested on the odd occassion you may have to wait.

Cheers

Rhys
    Cheers
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

I think that it is great to have sundown marine looking after the members of this site
    BUT the only problem is the net is global and some of us cant just drop in (bit over 2000km round trip) and to ring up and ask how much is ???? for seven of eight items is hard. maybe a email list to send specials to those who want them and are not within traveling distance as these people would not normally buy from sundown anyway, so if a sale is lost to someone else sundown would not have got the sale anyway. I am not saying this is what people should do. if someone is doing the right thing by us we should support them.

I tink it is great what sundown are doing I just wish we could all use it

All,

This is the first time in Australia that any retailer has tried to do what we are doing here on Ausfish.
    The ability to converse at a one-on-one level with the audience Ausfish has was never going to be easy and as we don't do things in halves we thought the banner add was good but not enough, hence the involvment in open chat and willingness to deal with Ausfish members.
    We are more or less trailblazing here , we can assure all we will save you money but we will never print what we can do in store on this board for all to see for reasons allready outlined.

The Ausfish deal is real savings over and above advertised price but for same reasons allready outlined above we won't let the "less for cash" deal out of the bag.

For those that hold some reservations we can only say call in if you can ,if you can't give us a call and quote your Ausfish handle.

Rhys,
    Thanks mate,you know how we do things,we do get busy and customers waiting sometimes happens but we do our best.

Foxy,
    Thanks mate, see you in there shortly.

Sundown Marine
    Sundown Marine.
    Cnr Anzac Ave and Regency street
    Redcliffe QLD 4020
    (07) 32033007

TheDeepSix

Hey Sundowners,

I'm on me way down now. Have a TSS4 and wish to match up with a live fibre spin rod & whatever line and slugs you recommend for the macks/tuna etc.
    See you soon

Tiga

TheDeepSix

I just picked up a Live fibre 8-10kg 8ft spin rod for (after mentioning Ausfish ) $175 Happy with the deal and the very helpfull guy spooled the new line up for me on the TSS4. Can't ask for better than that. I can recommend this mob.

David_P

Quote Originally Posted by revs57
    Come on guys!

As an advertisor/sponsor Sundown is just trying to look after Ausfish members...sure there are deals - $140.00...then there are deals - less for cash ...and then there is the less for cash for Ausfishers in the store...cash in hand...ready to buy...what's wrong with that????

Why the skepticism about a sponsor that is trying to do the right thing by us and help us save a few bucks on other competitors too boot.

The folks at Sundowns have gone the extra mile both in supply and service and saved me heaps in setting up the Rip Tide...they are just trying to pass the cheer around with good, honest competitive prices and fantastic service. #I'm sure any that venture in will be as impressed as ShaneJ and I are.

cheers

rhys

Hi Rhys,

I'm not questioning SM's customer service levels. I actually bought a new 6m Quinny from them in 2001. Had it serviced there every time, and bought a bit of tackle too. Their customer service was excellent then and it appears from all comments that nothing has changed. I live in the SW Brisbane suburbs and dragged my Quinny all the way to them because of the excellent service I received from both their workshop and tackle shop.

I too would like to support those who support Ausfish. I'm afraid Redcliffe is too far for me to just drop in to see what they can do, but I will certainly take up their offer of phoning through to price a couple of items that I will be looking for soon. Sure I can be sceptical at times, probably because these guys are in it to make a quid, just as I am looking to save one.

Regards,
    Dave.

QUOTE:

SM,

So what is the "special" deal you are offering Ausfish members on this reel? You have it advertised at $140 (less for cash) in the latest QFM. Therefore anyone is entitled to that price, and therefore you haven't done anything in particular to look after Ausfish members by quoting this price. Not that I want a new TSS4 at present, just thought it odd that you quoted a "special" price on this site which is in fact available to anyone that walks in to your store.

Regards,
    Dave.

If you are not interested in a TSS4 why stir the pot? Thanks to s/m I saved quite a few bux by going in store and I live 30 mins from there store.

Sportfish_5

Good on ya guys - have had nothing but good service in all my dealings with Sundown which is more than I can say for a couple of other dealers.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Greg

Hi Dave,

Sorry if my post came on a little strong...and I appreciate being skeptical particularly when it comes to purchasing marine/fishing gear...I think we've all paid too much at one time or another... I must admit that when I first ventured into the Sundown stand at the boat show this year I put on the nonchalant stance that said..."you're not going to get to me to shaft me" But Jason's friendly manner and professionalism quickly allied my fears that he was really working for me and his boss...I don't mind a business making profit...after all...that's what keeps the doors open and provides the services we all need.

I guess all I'm saying is I've never found service as good in any industry before...and the prices are most competative - in fact I'd even pay more for the sake of the quality service (but don't tell them that). I've experienced a culture of service there, I know I'm not talking about a one off experience - so all I'm doing is letting other fisho's know where they will get treated right.

Congratulations Sundown Marine!!!!
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Revs57,
    i am with u all the way! i have been shopping with Sundown marine for 2 years now and i wouldnt think of bying my tackle off any1 else either. every time i walk into the shop i am greeted and the boys want to know how i have been and what fish i have been catching cause they are interested! u arn't just another number to them. they are always willing to help u with where to go and how to fish it. you can only give sundown and the team credit for how they look after their customers. they dont have all the great powers that the chain stores have, yet have always been right on the money with their pricies and the extra bonus with sundown is their service.

thanks to all the guys at sundown keep up the good work!

Bill Collector

Give em all the support you can guy's!!
    The prices they are offering you are awsome, and the way they are doing it ensures that the marts don't stuff it up.
    You won't do any better and it supports the site!!
    Brilliant!!!!

Regards, Tony

Sundown marine

what price can you do on a TLD20 or TLD25 combo ? and what rod is included ?

Mitch

Mitch,

It ofcourse depends on what rod goes with the combo,we will combo anything to anything at the end of the day.
    Give us a call here at the shop or drop in and mention your Ausfish handle and we will give you the best we can do.

Sundown Marine.

Sundown Marine.
    Cnr Anzac Ave and Regency street
    Redcliffe QLD 4020
    (07) 32033007

Quote Originally Posted by SundownMarine
    Mitch,

It ofcourse depends on what rod goes with the combo,we will combo anything to anything at the end of the day.
    Give us a call here at the shop or drop in and mention your Ausfish handle and we will give you the best we can do.

Sundown Marine.

Hi,

I might be able to pop in tomorrow - is there anyone in particular I should ask for for the Ausfish "specials"?

Thanks,
    Mike