Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ebay-Come In Suckers

ebay-Come In Suckers

8 months ago I successfully bid on a Killwell Game rod with rollers. I am still waiting for it. I have tried everything to get my rod from this guy. He hangs up in my ear now. He took my money and kept the rod. ebay can do nothing or should I say won't. They told me to go to the police, but I am sure the police have more to do. I also have bought overhead reels that have lasted 2 outings. I have sent them back for repair and the seller has changed his name and address. I have lost too much money and from now on I will only go to a tackle store with brand name tackle and warranties.
    Please learn from my mistakes

imported_admin

Re: ebay-Come In Suckers

Buy a lot of stuff on Ebay and have not had a problem yet.

One point about buying rods on Ebay, or anywhere - Australia Post will not send anything over 1.05m in length. So if they are quoting only a few dollars to post the rod via Australia Post there is a good chance they either do not know this or that they were never going to send you the rod in the first place.

Check the sellers feedback, do they have any negatives, have they been a member long, etc.

At the end of the day, buyer beware. If the deal sounds too good to be true then...

Well put. #A technique I use is to look though the sellers feedback until I find the same item sold recently, and see what was said about that transaction. #But you can only do so much, and at the end of the day, every transaction on ebay carries some element of risk. #Got to go, off to pick up 3 lounge suites and a computer desk we bought on ebay... #

I'm with Steve, Check the sellers feedback,lenght of time been selling & even e-mail talk to them if you wish to deal at a later date, I have not had a problem with any of my purchases & in one case I did not like the finish on a reel handle elbow & the handle itself, I posted of a couple of snaps & had a complete replacement within the week & they did not even want the first reel returned. Cheers Topuchy.><>

This is one of the excuses he has sent me
    Also one about his wife having twins
    Many others too, #but all lies and excuses
    Sorry for the delay. My grandmother passed away last week & we have been in "family mode". I know this sounds like a made up excuse but I can send you the obituary if you want it.

Sorry, I sent your rod from my office & they used some other courier, not Ezysend even though thats the service I recommended. After investigating, it seems that the rod was sent back to us & has been sitting in the mailroom all this time. I'm REALLY sorry.

Two options:

1. I can refund your money
    2. I will resend the rod with some bonuses - some free fishing lures for you.

Sorry for this. Let me know & I will expedite.

Colin

Also I wrote to several other customers of his and here is one reply
    [color=#ff0000]
    Dear rosemarie5502,

Yes I did receive the goods finally (the camera lens was damaged however) but he sounds like he is behaving the same way. He was quick to send me his bank account details for payment then wouldnt answer my emails until I threatened to leave bad feedback. His emails were also very arrogant. I suggest that you leave him an email saying that if you dont hear from him in a certain time you will be lodging a complaint and see if that flushes him. Good luck
    [/color]

Apparently there is nothing to stop bad sellers just assuming another identity and continue on with their tricks
    ebay are so slack and never can you call someone and complain, #they only have an email address

imported_admin

Out if interest send me the URL of the item in question and will give you my opinion on if I would have bid on it. You can PM it if you like.

Also go into your MyEbay in the Won items and select the "Report an Item not received" from the drop down next to the item. Wait to see what happens after a week and if no result then leave negative feedback for everyone else to see.

"He took my money and kept the rod. ebay can do nothing or should I say won't."

You made a formal complaint with ebay didn't you? - You need to enter into an 'Item not Received dispute.'

Last year I paid for a camera that never arrived - I made a formal complaint to ebay about the seller and followed it through to the bitter end (lots of emails and work). But I was rewarded with a $200 refund from ebay. Not a full refund as I dd $250 into the scammers account - but well worth the effort nonetheless.

hope this helps.

oddbudman

Hi Steve
    I just went to ebay and they have taken away my account. Thay do not want me on ebay as I have complained so much to them about the seller. I threatened to go to the media and tell the world how they do not protect their buyers. But it seems when you complain they wipe you. The item I successfully bid on was 7145006602.
    Its also because I put positive feedback initially as this Colin was so nice to me and said the rod was on its way.. As I said before
    'come in sucker'
    Apparently once you place a comment the matter is closed as far as ebay is concerned.

imported_admin

Never leave feedback until you have received teh item and are fully satisfied. One of Ebays Golden Rules. See Ebay Help section - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/index.html

Can't pull the item up, maybe too old. Around April last year, I think.

Couple of things I would say though is that rosemarie5502 does not come out of this looking the best either. 11 feedbacks, nine positive, one Negative "No Contact" and one Neutral "Changed her mind". Wonder what the sellers of those items thought of rosemarie5502. They probably lost their listing fees and sales commision charges on those items.

After losing so much money and being burnt so often with goods not being what they were advertised as being I decided to never buy another thing. I actually sent the listing fee money to each seller and as you will see they were the last 2 people I ever dealt with. Would you continue buying after 2 rubbish overheads that were sent back and never returned and one rod that never arrived at all after a direct deposit.
    I just hope that you don't lose money either.
    The only reason I did this post initially was to warn people of the crooked sellers out there and no help from ebay when your item is not what you paid for or they have no intention of sending anyway.
    A friend did dome research on the seller and apparently he has done this many times and he just changes identities and is still selling things today.

imported_admin

You should go to the police with the information. Make sure you give them all the info and your research of the other people this has happened to.

The reason these people get away with this sort of thing is that people do not do anything about it. Also when they go to the police they may think it is just a one off. This is why it is important to make them aware that there are many cases involved with the same person and make sure you get a case number on the report and follow it through to the bitter end.

Sadly it is the honest people that have to do all the hard work, put in all the time and push for things to happen.

The last time I talked to him I did tell him that I have no other choice but to go to the police and charge him with fraud. His reply was
    Don't forget bitch, I know where you live if you ever do that.
    My husband went beserk when I told him and he told me never to call the police or mention this to anyone as it is now water under the bridge.
    My husband is a great believer in "You get out of life what you put into it" So this guy must have no concsience and has threatened people before and he continues to rip people off as he must threaten them. As you know you must give your address for the seller to post it and that scares me too now, as we do not know what sorts are selling.
    Nine items that I did initially buy, before this terrible event, were the best, as the goods were what I expected and the sellers just were great. But my husband has banned me from ebay as I was so scared of this guy to ever come and get me.

Mad_Barry

It's worth also checking not only the people you are dealing with, but the actual product. You mention being burnt in buying 2 rubbish overhead reels. This could be avoided by sticking with proper brand names, or least doing an independant search on the brands or models before committing to buy.

There's some pretty dodgy cheap import stuff on there. (not only fishing gear).

The kids & I do a bit of buying and selling on there, including stuff from the US, haven't had a problem yet.

Best of luck sorting it out.

freddyfish

This guy needs to be dealt with by the police

Brad

Barrymundi

Hey Dicko,

You still have that really expensive reel you bought late one night ?

Al