Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ebay-Come In Suckers

Re: ebay-Come In Suckers

Quote Originally Posted by melb_guy View Post
    Guys:

Just an update on purchasing my sunnies from US Ebay...the seller finally send me the item!!!
    I am feeling so lucky...coz i almost certainly think i would never recover the item!!!
    I have learn my lesson....read feedback from the seller before bidding!!

Cheers
    Feedback means nothing ! ..... I bought recently from a guy in the US with a 99.8% rating over many 100s of items .......Advertised the items as Daiwa TD poppers (the photo was of a authentic TD) ..... anyhow ... what arrived was a copy (labled as Soulures) ..... anyhow .... When I left negative feedback .... He contacted me & offered the world to withdraw (Keep product ... Full refund .. & pick anything off his current list of items) .... I replied that I would accept this ... with the proviso that he withdraws any mention of Daiwa TD in any future auctions ..... His response never came ...... & he basically called me a liar in the feedback ..... Which it seems to be the case with others .... Anyhow it cost me $20 for 5 lures .... that rate along side a surecatch ..... But I can live with it ..... Nagg
    Last edited by NAGG; 20-09-2007 at 09:38 PM.

A couple of things about ebay.

I buy and sell quite a bit on ebay, but there are things that are good propositions and things that aren't.... going both ways.

would I buy an alvey on ebay..... hel yeh, have & done several times..... would I buy any of the more advanced reels ( egg beaters, overheads) .........most probaly not.

If you are going to trade on ebay you realy need to learn the way things work in that particular section of ebay by trading low value items first

Remember buying on ebay is like buying at a live auction..... there are risks... you need to factor that.

A lot of people thing of "SHOPPING" on ebay....... get that idea right out of your head.

You must think of trading on ebay as " bargining" think like you are in a midle eastern bazar or an asian market.

Part of the process is establishing the quality of the buyer and the goods.
    Remember ther is always an element of speculation.

there are stand out good and bad buyers and sellers on ebay.

You have to spend the time to read the flow and the sellers.

If I was going to buy a new reel or rod or just about any piece of hard tackle new my first choice would be reputable tackle store.

cheers

I use a bit of both. Just bought a Trinidad off US ebay for what a Torium would cost me at my local shop. But the new Rapala jig rod came locally. Thats the price you pay for being able to pick up a few rods and have a play.
    Darwin can be hard to get exactly what you want so have to shop with the net a fair bit.

hi all
    got this site from ebay, all you have to do is put in the id and search, you can see all feed back including retracted, have found some interesting info on some sellers

http://www.toolhaus.org/